Active Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacqueClouseau

10-07-2009

why aren`t there any active items like we all know from dota.
I think that those make heroes more flexible in playstyle and makes the game even more diverse.

Post some ideas of active skills of items or write what you think about active items in generell.

Kaitor

10-07-2009

There are some active items in the works. But Riot stated that they are trying to avoid battle intensive active items, so nothing like dagon or so...

I8C SRS FACE

10-07-2009

I really hope they DON'T add any. Most "active items" that were considered necessary for certain toons have been consolidated into summoner spells, anyway.

It added too much complexity to the game. The way it is now, you just need to know how to use your character's abilities together with each other or with other teammates, and which items give you stats or passives that help you beat the enemy team that you are facing.

JayceJa

10-08-2009

im against it because in general active items reduce champion uniqueness, in dota you can buy hex, so the two champions that have it as a spell are now less unique as everyone can get it

also, they were a way of scaling casters to make them more useful, with AP in this game that is absolutely unnecessary

the only sort of active abilities i would want on an item are temporary bonuses or toggles to get more bonuses at a drawback, and even that i could do without

Mystikal

10-08-2009

Unless they give a hero a purge I want a goddamn diffusal blade for morgana's BS, and that doesn't stand for black shield...

Slaaz

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Unless they give a hero a purge I want a goddamn diffusal blade for morgana's BS, and that doesn't stand for black shield...
Um... Wits End anyone? It burns mana and gives attack speed isn't that enough?

Mystikal

10-08-2009

Does burning mana break spell shields? Because if it doesn't thats not what I'm talking about :P

I want something can prevent Morgana from lol'ing away as we chase in vain because we can't slow her.

sungkwon

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
He wants to be able to click a button and BOOM no more shield.

Wait. I think that's called nuking it.

Sciz

10-08-2009

Active items like Lothar's and blink dagger are a balancing nightmare. Some heroes just aren't meant to have certain skills.