Why I am re-directed to China LOL from leagueoflegends.com

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtk13 View Post
Don't know, don't care for the reasons.

Again, i'll stick with the NA version.
pretty much yeah lol.
and so will everyone else in hong kong.

oh well, i guess riot can carry on redirecting us to a version of the game that is not in our dialect. not really gonna make us download it and play it.

wtk13

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika7 View Post
pretty much yeah lol.
and so will everyone else in hong kong.

oh well, i guess riot can carry on redirecting us to a version of the game that is not in our dialect. not really gonna make us download it and play it.
Yup, just pray that we don't get IP blocked or something.

Alien Skum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

I am offended, "Retarded form of Chinese"? reported....

kretenallat

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullsign View Post
You can resolve this problem by hitting http://na.leagueoflegends.com directly, rather than www.leagueoflegends.com
Then why am I redirected from Hungary to EU West, when I'm supposed to be on EUNE by default?

Duke Br0heimer

12-12-2011

I like you Chinese people. But why does your language have to be so god**** hard to learn? Fix please.

Zelphy

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessaine View Post
Are you saying Canadians should use US webpages, because they "can speak English"?
Well, actually, we ARE forced to use U.S.webpages. Just saying.

Dobagoh

12-12-2011

Quote:
i know this.
im not saying simplified chinese is incomprehensible to me. i just find it bizarre how they think it's fine to redirect us to somewhere where the language is "approximately" the same. 90% is not 100%.

i am aware that LoL has no servers in TW. but blizzard at least has the decency to recognise that the dialects do have differences, and redirect us accordingly, instead of blindly sending us off to the nearest server.

well, not that it makes a huge difference, because practically everyone in hong kong plays on the NA servers, anyway. even those who barely speak english.
and given a choice between english/NA and simplified/China, i guess they were forced to pick one. none of us plan to switch servers, though!
I know right? When I go to a website and they give me British English instead of American English I am outraged and make threads about it in forums.

Lusid

12-12-2011

Quote:
... because practically everyone in hong kong plays on the NA servers, anyway. even those who barely speak english...
I'd like to touch on this statement.

Please no. Please please no. It must have been the fourth or fifth time so far where i was put onto a team of four people (because chinese people seem to only have three other friends each who play lol at the same time) who only spoke one of the languages whose character set comes up as boxes. Let me tell you how frustrating it is to just see boxes trailing up the left side of my screen and constantly hearing the chat sound drawing my attention from habit thinking something meaningful is spoken, like MIA, or come gank, or help, or push, or anything. But no. Boxes. Boxes everywhere.

I understand you want to play the game but be courteous to the rest of the players, or at least that one guy getting stuck on your team. Play in a region where your spoken language is the primary. This is also why i wish Riot would make NA/SA servers. Not because of the overwhelming amount of BR trolls (which their ratio seems to be about 1 in every 4 easily) but because of the language barrier. They refuse to speak any english except "noob gg hue". I hate it. I really do. The seperate servers are there for a reason. Two of which being ping and language, both of which you non-english speakers or at lease refusal to speak english people are messing up. There is no way your ping to our NA servers is better than the ping to the servers closer to you. And even if by some miracle it is you're still not following the language thing.

It's a team game. Language is important. Play on your servers.

wtk13

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusid View Post
I'd like to touch on this statement.

Please no. Please please no. It must have been the fourth or fifth time so far where i was put onto a team of four people (because chinese people seem to only have three other friends each who play lol at the same time) who only spoke one of the languages whose character set comes up as boxes. Let me tell you how frustrating it is to just see boxes trailing up the left side of my screen and constantly hearing the chat sound drawing my attention from habit thinking something meaningful is spoken, like MIA, or come gank, or help, or push, or anything. But no. Boxes. Boxes everywhere.

I understand you want to play the game but be courteous to the rest of the players, or at least that one guy getting stuck on your team. Play in a region where your spoken language is the primary. This is also why i wish Riot would make NA/SA servers. Not because of the overwhelming amount of BR trolls (which their ratio seems to be about 1 in every 4 easily) but because of the language barrier. They refuse to speak any english except "noob gg hue". I hate it. I really do. The seperate servers are there for a reason. Two of which being ping and language, both of which you non-english speakers or at lease refusal to speak english people are messing up. There is no way your ping to our NA servers is better than the ping to the servers closer to you. And even if by some miracle it is you're still not following the language thing.

It's a team game. Language is important. Play on your servers.
I can assure you that those 'box guys' aren't us.
I get them too, just like you.

MajorStriker

12-22-2011

hey.. for you HK players out there... (meaning ppl who live in HK in general.. nothing to do with race) i am pretty sure that there is a TW server now if you want to play in traditional chinese. The official web-site for the forum is http://forum.lol.garena.tw/forum.php hopefull this was helpful for you!