Why I am re-directed to China LOL from leagueoflegends.com

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YesIKnow

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Hong Kong is part of China, and please stop being so naive...
Stop being stupid. HK was only part of china like a few years ago. Most people in HK are canto and speak canto. Mandarin is like a second language so they arent fluent most of them

C Nial DeMencha

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Hong Kong is part of China, and please stop being so naive...
Not exactly...

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

tell you this: the LoL website is the ONLY one i have EVER been to that redirects me to a simplified chinese version.

most other send us off to the taiwan version (traditional), SEA (english), or stick to the american version (english), or maybe they have a hong kong version (traditional).

there is a reason for this.
i mean, this is from personal experience only. have any other hong kongers typed in a url and got shuttled off to the simplified chinese version?

Sessaine

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold My Wrath View Post
Your ignorance is astronomical. They are both the same ****ing language, they're just different character sets. Any one who can read traditional can read simplified, with the ability to recognize about 90% of the character set. Even people who can only read simplified can more or less interpret about 80% of traditional Chinese.

They redirect you based on distance, not what dialect, therefore China would be your server. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that LoL doesn't have servers based in Taiwan. Your logic is broke beyond belief.

I don't care if I get flamed for this, or if I'm being too harsh but the two Hong Kong citizens in this conversation are both absolute morons. China should feel ashamed for even reabsorbing you back into the country, even if they're communist *******s who censor anything anti-communist, at least they aren't ignoramuses.
I'm Chinese-American, I live in the Midwest, I speak a tiny bit of Mandarin, and I'm incredibly offended by this. Are you saying that Mexicans should be forced to use Spain's webpages, just because they "both speak Spanish"? Are you saying Canadians should use US webpages, because they "can speak English"? A quick Google search will tell you that you know nothing about Chinese. There are different dialects, and they are exactly that: DIFFERENT.
The people in this thread asked for some changes that would make their experience better. You, on the other hand, simply came in to belittle them across the internet, for no apparent reason. You should be ashamed of your post. Good day.

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessaine View Post
Are you saying that Mexicans should be forced to use Spain's webpages, just because they "both speak Spanish"? Are you saying Canadians should use US webpages, because they "can speak English"?
Yes, sounds good to me.

smXho

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesIKnow View Post
Stop being stupid. HK was only part of china like a few years ago. Most people in HK are canto and speak canto. Mandarin is like a second language so they arent fluent most of them
Language yes I agree

But do you know what the full name of Hong Kong is, in both English and Chinese?
中華人民共和國香港特別行政區 - Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People's Republic of China

Do you realise what happen at 1997-7-1???????????

HK might be independent from China's direct ruling, law etc, but it is still part of China
I am not saying it's a good or bad thing, but a fact is a fact, accept it...

YesIKnow

12-12-2011

Im not saying it isnt a part of China, i was referring to the fact that HK's first language isnt Mandarin it is Cantonese.

pika7

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesIKnow View Post
Im not saying it isnt a part of China, i was referring to the fact that HK's first language isnt Mandarin it is Cantonese.
*simplified chinese
*traditional chinese

we are mostly fine with reading taiwan's mandarin, lol.

Don Sigurd

12-12-2011

That was awesome.

BTripp

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessaine View Post
Are you saying Canadians should use US webpages, because they "can speak English"?.
lol wtf it's essentially the same language with minor variations in spelling color=colour sort of stuff. I don't even notice when the spell checker tries to correct my Canadian spelling.

and I certainly don't care that I'm on the same website as Americans.

=\

inb4 leagueoflegends.ca