Why I am re-directed to China LOL from leagueoflegends.com

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

honestly, i agree its incredibly stupid to redirect us to the chinese LoL.
we dont even use the same ****ed form of chinese.

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellato View Post
yes, not everyone BLINDLY hates
but sadly i think at least everyone got something to hate
well, to be fair, i think the chinese government needs a good smack upside the head.
i have nothing against the chinese people in general, though.

unless its those tourists trying to cut into the taxi line. **** those *******s.

ItzWarty

12-12-2011

So I figure that the LoLCN service is going to be completely separate from the LoLNA/EUW/EUNE services, as they aren't being hosted by Riot Games itself.

They probably will do a full IP block eventually - that's just how this stuff usually ends up working for online games =[
---

If they really are redirecting you to a service that has a different dialect (wrong terminology?), then that sort of sucks - they'd probably add more localization options eventually...

Nearfar

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellato View Post
are you sure you are lagging because of us?
coz i think the night of urs is our morning, everyone goes to work and school..
no ones playing LOL at that time
I used to have ~50-80 latency. Now I've noticed since the influx of asian players to the NA servers my latency has creeped up to ~110-150 consistantly.

Now I play eve in ranked. LOOK WHAT YOUR COMMIE TUBES ARE DOING!

ItzWarty

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearfar View Post
I used to have ~50-80 latency. Now I've noticed since the influx of asian players to the NA servers my latency has creeped up to ~110-150 consistantly.

That makes no sense. Your connection goes solely to the server, not to the other clients in the game. The other clients should have no impact on the latency between your computer and the server.

Also, there are protests for democracy nonstop in hong kong.

Rofldonutz

12-12-2011

I'm from Hong Kong, and I used to have this problem until recently. Not sure what fixed it though, but your best bet would be probably just typing na.leagueoflegends.com in your browser.

And to everyone else, no, we don't speak boxes here in Hong Kong Everyone who plays from Hong Kong can type in English. Trust me, we're probably as annoyed as you are when it comes to box language.

Sagovirus

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karn Bishop View Post
You realize its probably the china servers that redirect you right? cus thats kinda what china does.
No it's not.
It's the broken Riot's website, there is the same problem with EU too, and most of the time the selector on top doesn't work either.

They have an "automatic selection" of the website you are "supposed" to go that don"t work well at all and is a pain....

ItzWarty

12-12-2011

Try connecting to 64.7.194.248 and 64.7.194.249
Those are the IP addresses of the LoLNA website. If it's simply a DNS hijack.

@Sagovirus: indeed. For some reason, I keep getting redirected to the LoL EU West service... when i'm living in California.

Sagovirus

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearfar View Post

Yeah, it's obviously that, nothing to do with the bad servers from Riot and the Datacenter/ISP change that happened for NA like a month or so ago....

YesIKnow

12-12-2011

It isnt Riot settiig the website like that, its because

1. HK is now part of China
2. China LoL is closer to you than NA lol
3. The Gov is probably redirecting you

1234567 ... 8