Wards placed end-game stat --> Give me my much deserved recognition!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleTime

12-22-2011

There needs to be a statistic at the end of each game that clearly illustrates wards placed by each individual.

I leave an item slot open, and routinely buy 3-5 wards while still saving up for important items. This unselfish action should be recognized and honored. 99% of the effect this will have will impact low level play where continuous warding is nonexistent. It will act as a motivator for those who don't ward, and a vindicator for those who do.

To take this a step further, ward placements could (and should!) be tracked cumulatively with bronze/gold/platinum achievements.

I believe both of these options will improve quality of game play at lower levels in two ways:

1) A new-found sense of accomplishment from ward placement = more interest in playing support = less bickering over who gets AP mid and who gets AD carry.

2) Those not playing support avoid feeling their efforts are unnoticed and unappreciated. Feeling appreciated for an action will perpetuate said action.

TL;DR = RECOGNIZE ME IN ALL OF MY WARDING GLORY

Croki

12-22-2011

No h0m0, but I want to tie you to my ceiling fan and rape you

Teganze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

I agree that Wards placed / Wards killed should definitely be shown at the end. It's such a big part of playing Support well, and it oftentimes just goes unnoticed.

Rhynocerous

12-22-2011

Number of wards places doesn't indicate anything important really.
5 wards can be more effective than 25 wards. It's all circumstantial.

Potions can also benefit you, but buying a **** ton of them? Not always smart.

Bob36

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

from now on ill draw dicks with wards instead of buying 6 pairs of boots

Memorylame

12-22-2011

I should be rocognized for drawing a large phallic symbol out of wards right beside my nexus....it required me buying 50 for crying out loud....such dedication...

BrohannesJahms

12-22-2011

I don't think that this stat can really be said to track something meaningful. Wards are important, but buying ten stacks of them and dropping them all in the fountain shouldn't be "rewarded." Furthermore, encouraging new players to buy wards without teaching them how to ward effectively and actually use the map control information that they offer is purpose defeating. Rather than rewarding people for buying and placing wards, teach them how to ward effectively. They should automatically reap the benefits if they are learning.

DoubleTime

12-22-2011

Interesting points guys. I didn't consider ward spamming, however perhaps tribunal punishments for such behavior (just read about one) could be enhanced to strip them of their ward stats.

I believe incentivizing newer players to ward is the best (and only) way to teach them how to ward effectively. Getting them warding is the hardest step, once they have the wards they now have to think about where the best place is to put them. I know when I learned it was important to ward I bought them and asked teammates where they wanted them.