Dear Tanky DPS Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GwynApNudd

12-18-2011

I know I told you that you weren't really quite right, and that a balanced team could do fine on Dominion. You looked hurt, but I tried to say it nicely. I mean, my best friends are tanky DPS. But it appears that you took it to heart.

So, recently, I have been seeing a four AP assassin Meta. Its not going well. So I'm sorry Tanky DPS Meta. I miss you. If I could 1v2 the other team, I could always rely on you to put up a good showing elsewhere on the map, with your ability to deal with multiple types of situations and enemy compositions. What I wouldn't give to know that somewhere, someone is hearing shouts of DEMACIA! chained together, and cowering in fear. Instead I hear the sounds of Leblanc splitting in two and hitting ghost as her accompanying Vayne tower dives an Alistar.

If you'll come back, I'll make you your favorite dinner, Manwich. I'll buy you the finest flagons of Ale. You may lack subtlety and finese, but at least I could count on you.

GrignardTS

12-18-2011

...failed

Melvear

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitcurtsed View Post
You know what beats all tanky dps?

Vanye.

L2counterpick.
Funny how you didn't read anything but the title.

GwynApNudd

12-18-2011

Quote:
You know what beats all tanky dps?

Vanye.

L2counterpick.
Tanky DPS Meta told me you were a jerk, and that I shouldn't listen to you. Tanky DPS Meta is quick to anger though, so I told him to chill and I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. You're probably just illiterate.

Asmonok

12-18-2011

I too prefered the tankydps team comps over the assassin's. 4 assassin's is fine if there is good team work. However I dont always see good team work so Id prefer to have someone whos going to deal damage and die slowly giving the teammates time to get in there and help.

GrignardTS

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Funny how you didn't read anything but the title.
Granted.

GwynApNudd

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmonok View Post
I too prefered the tankydps team comps over the assassin's. 4 assassin's is fine if there is good team work. However I dont always see good team work so Id prefer to have someone whos going to deal damage and die slowly giving the teammates time to get in there and help.

This is just what I'm running into. If you're going to ignore team composition, at least ignore it in a versatile way.

GwynApNudd

12-18-2011

Quote:
...failed
Your edit made me laugh, so I gave it a thumbs up.

See Tanky DPS Meta, he's not that bad...

Snorgdarf

12-19-2011

I miss OP Garen.

Aikimiller

12-20-2011

yeah, now that you mention this I've been seeing this a lot as well. Loads of burst damage combined with a team that focuses fire. Dominates pretty hard.

the counter to this is.... Tryndamere? He's the only one I can think of of the top of my head. Burst him down, he doesn't care, and you're all squishy and he just kills you all... except for Vayne, who has an amazing escape... and leblanc...and talon... and akali... or anyone with a stun...