Staked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andbuch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

So as a daily player i grind ip and when I get to a certain point it's just the same, save up for a champ, so to shake things up a little I was thinking of a new game mode.

Staked Games:
•players pay a certain amount of ip to play, at least 100, which all goes into a prize pool.
•winners split this pool, losers get nothing
-meaning you either double your ip plus the bonus (50-100 or whatever) of winning the game, or lose it all and losers don't get anything for playing, (net -100)

Andbuch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

Bump

kalypto

12-11-2011

great ideal

Kazfiel

12-11-2011

So I bet 5000 IP. Play premade with 4 other 30s on smurfs against randoms and double that? Too easy to abuse. Would mean infinite ip.

Andbuch

12-11-2011

It's less of a bet and more of a prize pool. The amount is set at around one to a few hundred ip at most and if this is a problem, then it could be exclusively for lvl 30s only- I mean I only brought it up because I wanted to shake things up- people lack a goal after hitting 30. After completing a rune page, there isn't much to do other than play ranked, which If gone wrong ruins your Elo. Losing ip does not go on record and it is easy to get back.

InstaPwn

12-11-2011

Then when you get that all to common leaver/feeder/rager you can come to the forum and demand your IP back... Good idea but would need some serious thought to get it right.

Taylion

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazfiel View Post
So I bet 5000 IP. Play premade with 4 other 30s on smurfs against randoms and double that? Too easy to abuse. Would mean infinite ip.
You'd have to find a premade 5 man noob team willing to accept the bet of 5000 ip each. If they lost, they probably wouldn't have the IP to go again.

and/or restrict the mode to level 30+ (level 15+, whatever) so that people can't create new accounts just to lose IP.

DoubleSin

12-12-2011

This idea is good, but until there is a system to stop Trolls / AFKs / Leavers / Griefers it will just get trolled by kids with daddy's credit card and nothing to lose.

Skardex

12-13-2011

i like this idea. makes it more fun to play and more competitive leavers that come from the opposing team lose the money and don't get extra if their team wins.

jasari

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazfiel View Post
restrict to 30's problem solved