Suggestion: Have an Australian Server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuska

06-20-2012

I would like to propose that riot make an australian server as there are quite a few of us aussies here who want to play during our prime time, but there NA server is always down during maintainence for a patch during our prime time.
Having an Australian server will prevent Australians and New zealanders from lagging PLUS allow us to be able to play during our prime time in the day. I always see more australians posting on the threads when maintainence is happening and i am one of those who wait from 6pm - 12pm waiting for the maintainence to end for NA.

Just a suggestion to Riot.

Rampaging Fungus

06-20-2012

I also live in Australia, and believe an OCEANIC server, not just specifically an Australian server, would do much good for Riot's credibility.

pjsk

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuska View Post
I would like to propose that riot make an australian server as there are quite a few of us aussies here who want to play during our prime time, but there NA server is always down during maintainence for a patch during our prime time.
Having an Australian server will prevent Australians and New zealanders from lagging PLUS allow us to be able to play during our prime time in the day. I always see more australians posting on the threads when maintainence is happening and i am one of those who wait from 6pm - 12pm waiting for the maintainence to end for NA.

Just a suggestion to Riot.
I totally agree, Australians (like myself) and New Zealanders are constantly commenting on threads during down time

Kyto

06-20-2012

that would be nice but

1. it would take forever to mek
2. i already made heeps of friends in NA so its sad to not have them in aus
3. it prolly wont have many people, i mean i knw mills of people play lol in australia but its still better to be with NA even though its downtime is australia,

so what i suggest for riot is to actually make the downtime a little less australia, I`D LOVE IT IF IT WENT OFF WHEN WE`RE AT SCHOOL

liverpooty

06-20-2012

If Riot can't seem to achieve long uptimes on the NA server, what makes you think an additional server (which would have to be installed completely upside down--think of the opportunity cost) would be a good idea?

AU Freo

06-20-2012

Oceanic server would be awesome!

Savagemang

06-20-2012

The highlight of my day after Uni and then work is to come home and play a couple rounds of LoL with my best mate that lives in Brisbane (I'm in Melbourne). When I come home to the server's being down it really just ruins my day and also our view of LoL in general. What about tonight's events (and many other nights) should make me want to put up with it and keep playing?

An Oceanic server would be amazing. Give us that or give us free RP or IP or something, anything, just to make up for myself and my friend missing out on the one good thing that we have in our day.

uA Blaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I do play on NA servers as an australian, i live in adelaide and ping at about 194. I would love to play on sub 100 ping, but the unfortunate part is, if this happens, the cost to maintain the server for so few people compared to amercia, brazil, asia and china etc would be a much more significant amount, while i under stand playing at 200 ping is hard, i still have many friends at 2-2.4k elo.

liverpooty

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagemang View Post
An Oceanic server would be amazing. Give us that or give us free RP or IP or something, anything, just to make up for myself and my friend missing out on the one good thing that we have in our day.
Oh please, you sound like a gypsy for Pete's sake

Reevezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiddiru View Post
I do play on NA servers as an australian, i live in adelaide and ping at about 194. I would love to play on sub 100 ping, but the unfortunate part is, if this happens, the cost to maintain the server for so few people compared to amercia, brazil, asia and china etc would be a much more significant amount, while i under stand playing at 200 ping is hard, i still have many friends at 2-2.4k elo.
The server itself wouldn't have to be as powerful therefore not as much as say what the NA server would cost(I would hate to think how much).

Still, they would probably have to hire people to look after it and then they need to look after patches and who knows what else.

I would love one I'm always on about 250 ping, but it doesn't seem realistic without knowing how many Australian players are actually out there.