Cast-on-Self using portrait/interface problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwnizzle

10-05-2009

Hello,

I just recently started trying to cast spells on myself by clicking the portrait (I am not sure if the portraits are meant for this). More than once in game, when I cast a spell on myself in this way, my characters info screen would come up. At one point, I had an enemy character selected (so that their info toolbar was dropped down) when I was casting something on myself. Again, the character info screen came up, but the window was up high enough where the "x" button on the window was covered by the drop down status bar. Seeing as this was in the middle of combat, it was very difficult to remove the info screen quickly. I somehow managed to click the "x" through the drop down status bar. I am assuming that I was able to do this because the layers are not working properly.

I noticed a couple more misc. things while I was playing in the same game. The score window was difficult to open. It appeared that when I hovered over a stat so that I would get "kills," "deaths," and "assists" to appear, I was unable to then click that portion of the bar for the score window to open, whereas before I could simply click anywhere on that bar. When I figured out the sweet spots to click for the scoreboard to open, the scoreboard was off center. It remained off center even if I fixed it, closed the window, and reopened it.

And finally, a question relating to casting using portraits: Would it be possible to cast spells immediately on the character you have selected (so that the status bar is at the top of the screen) without selecting them a second time with the spell (much like in WoW)? I see this being useful for both attacking enemies and casting on friendlies.

EVILTeddy

10-05-2009

Which heroes are giving you this problem? I play with NuNu and when I cast bloodlust on him, I dotn have a problem.

goji

10-05-2009

not to mention when you gain a level, clicking on the portrait doesnt work

Quote:
And finally, a question relating to casting using portraits: Would it be possible to cast spells immediately on the character you have selected (so that the status bar is at the top of the screen) without selecting them a second time with the spell (much like in WoW)? I see this being useful for both attacking enemies and casting on friendlies.
this

pwnizzle

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILTeddy View Post
Which heroes are giving you this problem? I play with NuNu and when I cast bloodlust on him, I dotn have a problem.
Actually, I was using NuNu, and casting blood boil via the portrait was causing me the problems.

Ivandir

10-05-2009

I would like the developers to consider a double or triple button press to be a converted into a self cast on the hero.

It's a pain in the ass trying to cast Kyle's Immunity shield on herself when you have 3 people chasing you given that the move is used to navigate the map.