List of Min-maxed Runes/Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4muse

01-15-2012

EDIT: Sorry, I thought those stats were for just runes, didn't notice the part where it said it would also show corresponding mastery gains.

xM4TTx

01-15-2012

anyone have any thoughts on what is better? flat AP runes, or per lvl AP runes?

EHLozenges

01-18-2012

bamp for usefulness

Gato Muerto

01-18-2012

But I -like- worms in my apples!

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Nice topic Aqua Dragon 33. +1 for the effort.

I also did a compilation of runes and some other things, but it's in a Excel file and so, less pratical as people need to download it (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1337522).

If you have interest in checking it, fell free to give any suggestions.

Again, gratz for the topic!

Krt Westok

01-18-2012

Epic thread. Thx

Aqua Dragon 33

01-26-2012

@xM4TTx
I would say it depends. Flat runes are good for a strong early game, and per level are good for strong mid and late games in whatever area the runes are for.

You can use this one of two ways.

1) Make a strength even stronger. If your build gives you ridiculous amounts of AP by the end of the game, what's a bit of an extra little bit going to hurt? Really dish out the damage by stacking on magic penetration per level or AP per level.

2) Make a weakness not a weakness. Karthus is an extremely mana hungry champion, and especially so early game before you get mana items like an goddess tear. It really hurts your sustain. I tacked on some flat runes for mana regen to help make up for it, and now I have almost no mana problems as long as I last hit correctly.

You can do it the other way around too. Your champion is weak late game? Stack on some powerful runes per level. Your champion already got a strong early game? Add on some flats and make that strength get you twenty first bloods.

@Astral
So you have to put the champion stats into excel and it calculates the rest?

And thanks so much for all the people who have been bumping this thread! It's good to see that the work I put into the rune page has not gone unused haha. It's been immensely useful for my brother and I in making tankier champions.

Aqua Dragon 33

01-27-2012

Preemptively edited out "Deadliness" on Critical Chance to match with the patch preview. I'll post up once I update the list with the new mastery that is replacing it.

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Dragon 33 View Post
@Astral
So you have to put the champion stats into excel and it calculates the rest?
The excel file is composed of 4 sheets.
1) Champion calculator, where you can put the champion status and per level gain (you can use wiki for that), masteries, runes and then insert a item setup. It can be used to calculate your final status with different setups. Yet, the newest version have a DPS calculator and a Single Hit/Skill Hit calculator, which you can use to calculate your damage with each skill of your champs. Finally, it even allows you to calculate your DPS with skills. It allows for many variables, like Ryze's mana scale on skills, on hit effects and many more.
2) Tier 3 runes list, sorted in groups. It can be easilly used to check final bonuses and costs.
3) Rune Calculator, in case you want to use misc runes, you can calculate final bonuses and total cost. That one isn't really useful, as we can make the calcs in our heads, but it can be used to keep a setup you aim for, so you won't forget what you need.
4) Damage per Armor/MR value table. It can be used to generate detailed progressions on the damage with the increase of armo/mr. In next update I will make it automatically generate some graphs (like those attached to the main post).
5) Not yet created, but will do a gold generator. A table where you see your gold income each minute (with all variables, minions kills, champion kills, gold/10 items/runes/mastery, dragon, baron, item bought/sold). It's useful to plan your items along the match. I need a day I am inspired to create a nice and user friendly design. =P

So, answering your question: Yes! And much more! =D
But you need to know what you are doing and read the comments on the cells (it's self explicative). Once you get used to it, you can do comparisons very fast.
Any critics and suggestions you have or bugs you find, I would be very grateful to know.
I will be absent for 15 days or so, but will catch up all comments left there.

CrazyBolas

01-28-2012

I think you missed some crit chance masteries... however, those masteries are being removed next patch, so it's all good.