Nidalee's late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadoba

07-08-2010

I just started playing AP Nidalee and I have to say I really love her play style. She has a very strong early and mid game and can easily finish off fleeing champions or pounce away from a disaster without a scratch.

One thing I have noticed though is that her late game is kind of lacking and I have a lot of trouble figure out how to contribute to teamfights without getting myself killed. I mean, I can throw heals or AS buffs on the carry or lob the occasional spear but overall I feel like a waste of a team slot when things get dirty. I don't know if it's my build or my mindset but if I could get some pointers that would be great.

Here's the build order for my items:
- Start off with Doran's Ring + Mana pot
- Chalice
- Sheen
- Blasting Ward + Needlessly Large Rod
- Lich Bane
- Zhonya's Ring
- Whatever else

I run the standard MPen + Dodge + CDR runes and my mastery is 0/9/21.

Finisterra

07-08-2010

There is no need to buy Chalice, get golem buff!!

And u are missin Guinsoo Rageblade, wich is the most important item for Nidalee.

After that zhonyas ring and Lichbane are good.

Instead of magicpen, try usin armor pen (for autoattack). +29 armor pen is really good.

In team fights, Nida is not that great. U should heal ur allies, throw spears, and finish off enemies with takedown.

That's pretty much it.

See ya!

Kadoba

07-08-2010

I guess she just isn't much a late game champ.

Why Chalice is bad on her? I have mana problems even using her heal and spear conservatively. Relying on golem buff for the entire game seems like much more of a hassle to me than racking up an additional 890 gold. And if its taken you're screwed.

Aura items seem like a very good idea though.

peex

07-08-2010

Dont ever buy chalice on nidalee. Buy mana regeneration runes instead and start with Doran's Ring and always get the golem buff. If you want to do more damage and destroying towers quickly then buy rageblade. You can keep 8 stacks at all times.

Kadoba

07-08-2010

I will try and incorporate Rageblade and remove Chalice from my item list but I'm still having trouble seeing the pros over the cons. Relying on golem to not be mana starved the entire game seems risky. I was questioning Rageblade at first but I realize now that her cat skills keep this up all the time and gives her a lot of tower destroying potential.

But in general my early game goes very well with the build I posted. I'll test out some of the things suggested but I was mainly concerned with her late game.

hotHEAT

07-08-2010

get madreds instead of zhonyas. since you are getting no survivability items you can't really use cougar form in team fights anyway except to chase afterwards. sheen->guinsoos->madreds will let you be pretty effective lategame and also push towers well.

edit: for pure support, stick with zhonyas, but add some CDR to get more heals off. you can play pretty effectively this way if you hit good spears and heal at the right times.

Gimpb

07-08-2010

I suck with Nid but the most troublesome ones I've come across have been those with considerable survivability stats. The way I see it, she's somewhat like shaco: cat form does deal strong damage at meele range but you're very squishy out of the box. Tanking up a bit seems to make cat much more effective because taking you down becomes very impractical.

The Promise

07-08-2010

This is why, in my AD/AP hybrid build, I chose Bloodrazor as an end-game item. Just a thought. /shrug

Shayuki

07-08-2010

You really don't need chalice if you start with a Dorans ring and get the mana regen mastery. Your ulti doesn't even use mana, you don't need chalice. Lategame she can spear-poke people for a third of their hp and then use ulti to cleanup

peex

07-08-2010

Here is my hybrid item build:

-Doran's Ring
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Trinity Force
-Hextech Gunblade
-Nashor's Tooth
-Youmuu's Ghostblade