Most newb friendly champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolret

10-04-2009

Hi, i've just invited a friend to the beta and i was woundering what champion is the most newb friendly to start playing.

i was thinking a range with lots of hp, i.e Morgana or Tristina.

ibjeremy

10-04-2009

First off, I am only level 13, so I don't have the experience playing that a lot of others do. That said, I am teaching my friend to play, and he never played DotA or HoN before. Therefore, my comments are more or less aimed at newbies to the genre (like myself about a week ago).
I tried introducing my friend by giving him melee tanks, it seems that that is causing a problem. This seems to give him the impression that he is invincible. He keeps running into really crappy situations that he just can't handle. The most obvious example is that he keeps charging the freakin' turrets.
What I found really helps is to start out with Annie. The fact that she has lower health really forces the player to back up a lot and learn when to GTFO. Also, she is ranged, so it is a bit easier for her to run away. Her stun doesn't hurt either.
The thing that I really think is useful about starting someone with Annie is that disintegrate returns all its mana if you use it as a killing blow. This really helps the player get used to doing last blows, which as you know are pretty critical. Her incinerate ability is also an area effect, so it will give him some practice whiping out large amounts of minions.

Zerti

10-04-2009

Twitch or Ashe are good choices. If they decide to try Twitch tell them to start out with his stealth ability as an escape and harassing tool.

Try to keep them away from melee champions at the beginning. As the previous poster stated, they tend to have high tanky health amounts and it leads them to just charge into bad situations.

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2009

tbh I found Twisted Fate to be pretty easy if you use an AP build

Krald

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shido View Post
tbh I found Twisted Fate to be pretty easy if you use an AP build
I don't think he is that newb friendly to be honest. Neither is morgana that the OP suggested. In my experience in playing with new players, Tristana is pretty newb friendly, just because she is very long range and has a decent escape mechanism, as well as an ultimate that knocks people back far to also help with escaping. (both of these spells are very easy to use)

Also I think taric is decently newb friendly just because hes a beast with simplistic spells. His only difficult concept is his item build, which can be difficult to figure out sometimes, due to the nature of his passive and his imbue reduction.

Obviously 'newb friendly' doesn't mean that they can't be screwed up. Anyone can completely suck with any hero, and anyone has the potential to have a bad game. That being said, i have had bad games with ashe, taric, twitch, tristana.

Really just get him to pick who he likes the best and master him = )

Bundy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2009

Ashe is a good starter.

MuscleMemory

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeremy View Post
What I found really helps is to start out with Annie. The fact that she has lower health really forces the player to back up a lot and learn when to GTFO. Also, she is ranged, so it is a bit easier for her to run away. Her stun doesn't hurt either.
id say ryze. He has range, snare, nukes and because he is a caster is squishy and helps learn those moments.

MCollier

10-04-2009

ashe, annie, twitch, teemo

Mr Tibbers

10-04-2009

Ashe, Annie, Ryze, Teemo. Anybody with a heal.

OctopusDropkick

10-04-2009

Sivir is a good starter. Just focus on killing creeps and pushing towers. The slightly more complicated world of PvP ganking is less of your concern. (More complicated because you're yet unfamiliar with a lot of characters abilities)