Dracen build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xEmeryn

07-12-2014

So for starters im not a pro player, if i was i wouldn't be asking I tend to do fairly well in my match ups while i play draven, assuming i have at least a mediocre support. Now with that being said i got questioned on my build the other day and it really made me wonder.

This is my typical build:

Item 1) Infinity Edge

Item 2) Statikk shiv (I found these 2 items give me a huge power spike)

Item 3) Blood Thirster
-depending on enemy team i decide between 3&4
Item 4) Last whisper

Item 5) Zephyr

Item 6) Either warmogs or something with damage + armor or MR depending how enemy team is

Yes i skip boots, usually in all my builds.

But what i was questioned on is Zephyr. Why not use somethibg like Quick Silver Sash or Bortk? My answer is the damage and attack speed give me an insane power spike where anything more after those 3 or 4 items (IE - Statikk -LW - Zephyr).
Am i wrong to think this? Would be switching BT for Bortk a more viable build since 4.10?

Any feed back is welcome, as draven has been my main adc for the past month or two! Which suprisingly, i picked up the mechanics almost instantly

Kobles

07-12-2014

I like Phantom Dancer a lot more than Shiv but I find Boots a lot better than Zephyr. I'd rather have IE/PD/BT/LW/Boots than Zephyr and no BT.

Draven doesn't use BotRK as well as others but still. Draven scales well with AD and has an AS steroid already. I don't find him needing more AS after boots/PD or Shiv.

I wouldn't consider Zephyr unless at 6 items with gold to spend.

xEmeryn

07-12-2014

Hmm fair enough, I see what you mean. I guess I like the idea of blood thirster more than how useful it really is. It's nice to have the lifesteal in case I get low during a fight - so I can go to the jungle and heal off wolves or something. I've never been a huge fan or bortk my self. Guess I'll just play around with it a bit more, but so far zephyr seems to be pretty op on draven after a few core items?

Kobles

07-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEmeryn View Post
Hmm fair enough, I see what you mean. I guess I like the idea of blood thirster more than how useful it really is. It's nice to have the lifesteal in case I get low during a fight - so I can go to the jungle and heal off wolves or something. I've never been a huge fan or bortk my self. Guess I'll just play around with it a bit more, but so far zephyr seems to be pretty op on draven after a few core items?
It's not just the lifesteal but the fact that it can come with a shield, perfect if you're getting into a teamfight where it's basically extra health if you're sieging an inhibitor. Not to mention Draven scales with AD.

Zephyr isn't cheap. It's 2850 gold for minimal AD + some attack speed + really, the only star is tenacity. I'd even consider a Stattik Shiv over Zephyr if I'm at IE + PD. I'll even consider Ghostblade seeing how it gives a good mid game power spike + armor penetration + a good active + more critical chance. I don't see the amazingness stats of Zephyr unless the ADC has nothing more to buy. You're not really Udyr where tenacity and movement speed matters so early in a game.

Toge

07-12-2014

Not Dracen, Dracccccccccccccccccccccccccen

xEmeryn

07-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobles View Post
It's not just the lifesteal but the fact that it can come with a shield, perfect if you're getting into a teamfight where it's basically extra health if you're sieging an inhibitor. Not to mention Draven scales with AD.

Zephyr isn't cheap. It's 2850 gold for minimal AD + some attack speed + really, the only star is tenacity. I'd even consider a Stattik Shiv over Zephyr if I'm at IE + PD. I'll even consider Ghostblade seeing how it gives a good mid game power spike + armor penetration + a good active + more critical chance. I don't see the amazingness stats of Zephyr unless the ADC has nothing more to buy. You're not really Udyr where tenacity and movement speed matters so early in a game.
Thanks for the input you make a good point, I hadn't thought about it like that !

xEmeryn

07-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toge View Post
Not Dracen, Dracccccccccccccccccccccccccen
LOL I was at work on my break while I wrote the thread, I tried to fix it, but Rito wouldn't let me edit the title