Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tryndamere attack speed build is the best?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geno Flash

07-07-2010

HEy, I've been wondering.
I used to play tryn when i first began LoL but I kept getting my ass kicked.
Up until recently, I tried going for a more attack speed oriented build and I've been
doing amazing. My build goes

Beserker's greaves
avarice blade + brutalizer > ghost blade
Malady
Phantom Dancer
BF Sword
Phage> Frozen Mallet
Infinity edge

It may sound a bit crazy but this build works wonder when it comes to killing
while in ulti and tower diving.

Just wanted to see if anybody got any thoughts on this
or can recommend a better build.

Ozy

07-07-2010

Tryndamere's biggest weakness is his susceptibility to CC. With that said, Zerker Greaves should be swapped out for Merc Treads or else they'll just stun/root you till your ulti is gone. A Trynd with no ulti might as well not be there. You should be running cleanse but you don't want to blow that on just anything.

Never build for attack speed before you have decent damage. What's the point of hitting for nothing... but quickly? Ghost Blade is a decent first item. Gives you a lesser form of ghost for chasing, which is what the character is built for, and some decent armor pen/damage. The Malady is useless and so is an early PD. Rush the BF after the Ghostblade and build to an IE. Your character is built around large crits. Why would you get that as your last item?

Frozen mallet is useless. You have an amazing AoE slow, a pseudo blink, and Ghostblade/Ghost for chasing. Put the money toward either a Starks (Attack speed, armor pen, lifesteal. What else do you want in a single item?) or a zeal to PD.

Anything after that is just icing on the cake. If you're not four shotting their carry/squishies by then, you're doing it wrong.

Chuckles Manfred

07-07-2010

One possible reason it's not that bad an idea is because his rage thingie charges once per crit, so AS allows you to build charges quickly.

That said, this build could do better. Ghostblade is pretty much perfect here, so perfect that it makes malady very unnecessary and berserker's greaves less useful than mercury's, as long as you're good at using it.

Maybe something like

avarice
boots
zeal
merc treads
brutalizer
ghostblade
build IE and PD as necessary

then other stuff:
Stark's if you're not killing things enough
banshee's/force of nature/sunfire/guardian angel if you're killing things just fine
elixers

Shayuki

07-07-2010

Quote:
Areym:
HEy, I've been wondering.
I used to play tryn when i first began LoL but I kept getting my ass kicked.
Up until recently, I tried going for a more attack speed oriented build and I've been
doing amazing. My build goes

Beserker's greaves
avarice blade + brutalizer > ghost blade
Malady
Phantom Dancer
BF Sword
Phage> Frozen Mallet
Infinity edge

It may sound a bit crazy but this build works wonder when it comes to killing
while in ulti and tower diving.

Just wanted to see if anybody got any thoughts on this
or can recommend a better build.

My normal build is Merc, Youmu, IE, PD, Last Whisper, Starks, which actually gives more damage and more aspd and more apen than your so-called "aspd" build, so the thread title makes no sense. Malady is horrendous, just replace it with Starks for everything malady offers * 5.

Kadanuumuu

07-07-2010

Ghostblade
Merc treads
PD
IE
rest depends on playstyle/opponent. Focus +dmg/armor pen(Last whisper)

Etho7

07-08-2010

iv been playing tyrn for a while now and my build so far is avarice, beserk greaves, PD, IE then either madreds bloodrazor if they hav some1 like cho or last whisper and cleaver, life steal hasnt really been needed due to bloodlust, hit it once wen u go into battle and wen u finish with ur ult u get another 8 stacks to use with cooldown finished. ghostblade hasnt really appealed that much cuz i do not like activated items and its useless having more crit chance due to his passive, i usually hav 62% crit and if im under half hp its 90% crit chance. hav been thinking about using mercs though every1 focus stuns and slows on tyrn lol.

dagni

07-08-2010

With the right item build Tyrn is force to be reckoned with. Im not going to give away my item build but you have to mix crit/AS/and LS for when your ulti is down.. with these items even after you pop your ulti you can stay and fight because you will be hitting so hard and regaining life.

play bot games and mess around with his items and see what you can come up with, but there are a set of items out there that make him pretty much a god.

Plus i wouldnt even try him unless you can start the game off with 25% crit.. with out that you wont bring much to your team.

Morinav

07-08-2010

No no no you're doing it wrong!

Attack speed is mathematically very weak, you don't want to focus on it.

Flat damage is the best boost for Tryndamere, you'll want to focus on that.

His item build isn't completely set in stone, but an ideal build would end up something like...

Merc's Treads/Ninja Tabi (almost always merc's)
I.E.
Ghostblade
Last Whisper
2x Bloodthirster

The core being
Boots
I.E.
Ghostblade / Last Whisper (depends on the game)

A typical item progression would be.
Doran's Shield + pot
Avarice Blade
Boots (maybe stick with level 1 boots only for now, or go ahead and finish them)
BF Sword
Pickaxe
Agi Cloak
Finish IE
Brutalizer
Finish Ghostblade
Last Whisper
Chain chug red and green elixers for the rest of the game.

Leaderz0rz

07-08-2010

Quote:
dagni:
With the right item build Tyrn is force to be reckoned with. Im not going to give away my item build but you have to mix crit/AS/and LS for when your ulti is down.. with these items even after you pop your ulti you can stay and fight because you will be hitting so hard and regaining life.

play bot games and mess around with his items and see what you can come up with, but there are a set of items out there that make him pretty much a god.

Plus i wouldnt even try him unless you can start the game off with 25% crit.. with out that you wont bring much to your team.

you're not going to give away your item build? lol? that's funny

Ozy

07-08-2010

Quote:
Leaderz0rz:
you're not going to give away your item build? lol? that's funny

extremely super secret item build.