An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bow User Thing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

So is it different for 3's and 5's? I've never played an arranged 5's game before, but was ~1650 in 3's before ranked teams.

Also does elo decay affect that hidden MMR or anything. I'm sure that many players have their arranged team elo decaying as well.

veiooooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

rjcombo
ranked solo

all players who have started the same initial elo?

Twitch Hedberg

12-09-2011

All teams should start equally. Like Guild Wars GvG. That system worked really well, afaik. So what if you get owned by a pro team in your first few matches and lose? They gain ELO and move up, and next time you face a weaker team, potentially winning and restoring your rating. It'll balance out eventually, and putting weird regulations and rules... I dunno. Smells like trouble. Free Market Ranked Teams! Get your 5 year plans outta here !

WaveofShadow

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
I'm not sure I'm completely understanding you here, but the roster change limitations are based on how many games a team has played. We allow teams to freely change their roster until the they've completed 5 games within a single ladder. After that we limit the roster changes to 1 player added per week. This is to make the team name, tag, and rating meaningful by ensuring the roster remains somewhat consistent.
rj, what he means is that once a team has played their initial 5 games, even if they are not above 1250, the little question mark will tell them they are no longer provisionally ranked and tell them because they are over 1250 rating they can only make one roster change per week.

Even if they are not 1250. The roster change thing makes sense, it's the 1250/not 1250 thing.

Dreggon

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
We do show your elo when your team reached ranked status instead of provisional.
What are you talking about?
As stated - elo for normal matches. The matches that aren't ranked.

Foojackin

12-09-2011

I played against morellos team (nopwn) and won, and our teams rating is below 1200 with a 6- 2 w/l ratio.

Toysoldier

12-09-2011

Recently created a team for 3v3. We won 5 straight games and gained about 10-15 ELO for each win. Then we lost 1 game and lost 54 ELO from that single game which almost equaled the amount gained from 5 games. This doesn't sound like a very good system.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-09-2011
9 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveofShadow View Post
rj, what he means is that once a team has played their initial 5 games, even if they are not above 1250, the little question mark will tell them they are no longer provisionally ranked and tell them because they are over 1250 rating they can only make one roster change per week.
That is correct. The roster change policy is based on number of games played, but has nothing to do with what the team's rating actually is.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-09-2011
10 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Toysoldier View Post
Recently created a team for 3v3. We won 5 straight games and gained about 10-15 ELO for each win. Then we lost 1 game and lost 54 ELO from that single game which almost equaled the amount gained from 5 games. This doesn't sound like a very good system.
If you just created the team, how were you able to see the rating and adjustments being applied to it?

Ganguester

12-09-2011

gj riot.

so fail....