An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radiums

12-09-2011

what is wrong with this thread?

Why make elo hidden?

ionut12

12-09-2011

Thanks for the info

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Thats fine and dandy buy why would you have the same rating for 3v3 and 5v5? It does not make much sense to have one combined ELO.

We started a team, were waiting for a few members to join up and decided to mess around with 3v3 (which we had never played) we had fun, joked around and had a blast just trying it out.

Now that we have our team together we are stuck with a 5v5 team rating of like 800....

Seems silly to have all different game types to just contribute to an overall rating as opposed to having a different rating for each game mode. I think that would dissuade people from trying the other modes. I know that my team will never play 3v3 again.

Deadjo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-09-2011

I am just confused cause my team has 1900's on it, and we did our 5 first games stomped people, and we started below 1200. What makes up this personal rating? Cause it clearly is not solo Q, it can't be normal q, all of our normal elo is decent. So I am just confused.........Also in the preseason we were all above 1400 in ranked 5's even.....

Cantor

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
I'm not going to go into specific details of how the system works, but average teams *will* trend towards a 1200 rating over time. They just don't start that way.
why not go into details? we would appreciate all the numbers.

veiooooo

12-09-2011

so I will not lose my time with ranked
You talked about that would reset the points in the second season was all a lie then more
it made me lose a little affection I had for you

knowing you have players with different points from zero

MY DARK SERVANT

12-09-2011

thanks for the info

veiooooo

12-09-2011

I do not understand why everyone does not start with the same link?
and truth is the starting point is different then bye
I quit the game and go back to wow

Capetudo

Recruiter

12-09-2011

i just cant understand that a team who won 6 of 6 games is the 1st in landers wile the second team in landders won 24 of 24 games ...

also alot of other team that won 6 of 6 games ad are 1200ish wile the 1st on lander won the same 6 of 6 games and is 1700ish

i mean, that such a huge diference

jpak

12-09-2011

does the team's rating gain from a win adjust as the player's solo queue rating increase/decrease?