An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saiyushu

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethelon II View Post
What about the old ratings for 3v3 and 5v5? Will they be replaced with your top team's rating once that exceeds your older one?
^ This

Fredgerd

12-13-2011

I have a group of buddies slightly larger than 8 who play league but only 3 are regulars. Why the limit? It'd be easier if I could add all of them to the group.

PerFeCtiOnzZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
The ratings that were migrated from pre-season went through a soft reset and have far less influence on the system than ratings earned during season 2.
Hey rjcombo, could you guys possibly ADD rankings to the team tab along side with the Elo? Instead of having to go into the LoL website every time? Also the site updates the ranks usually after 48 hours. Any chance of it instantly updating? It would be pretty useful, Thanks.

BarbiePerra

12-13-2011

Weird.

Zexxylol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2011

I would personally like to understand why we can not see the rating under "Stats Overview" under the "Profile" tab. In season 1, we could see our 3's rating there, out solo/duo there, and our 5's there. Now, in season 2, we can only see our solo/duo. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me League of Legends is promoting solo/duo and only showing that rating. Shouldnt 3's and 5's rating and W/L be shown in the "Stats Overview" as well?

xKHORNExLORD420

12-13-2011

Hi, Rj. Cool to see you are really keeping an eye on this forum. I had a couple of observations/questions based on my teams performance.

I am on a team that has a full roster and I play almost exclusively 3v3's with them. The team, in 3's, has gone 14/2 and has a 1560 rating, which I believe is in the top 50-100 3's teams at the moment, so exciting times for us, right? Here is where the problems start, though:

#1 When I look at my profile and look at 3v3's all I see is 1 loss! If I view my team I can see our score, which is cool and all, but I don't get a nifty elo score next to my name in lobbies which is kinda sad.

#2 People who view my profile cannot even see the team that I am on! Only the one I am building as a captain and have never played a game with.

and a question: Since there are 8 members of our team, but only 3 of us play 3v3, are the players that have never played 3v3 still rated the same as those of us who have?

Thanks

Forsby

12-13-2011

Keep the rich rich and the poor poor huh? ggrrrr : (

DusilB

12-13-2011

have you seen the top 10 teams in 3v3?
5 of them have the same 3-4 people and the 1st and 2nd place are the exact same team.

xKHORNExLORD420

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusilbenafreor View Post
have you seen the top 10 teams in 3v3?
5 of them have the same 3-4 people and the 1st and 2nd place are the exact same team.
yeah, they need to be consolidated one singular placement...

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-14-2011
30 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
When I look at my profile and look at 3v3's all I see is 1 loss! If I view my team I can see our score, which is cool and all, but I don't get a nifty elo score next to my name in lobbies which is kinda sad.
We intentionally don't display personal ratings within the ranked teams feature, since they exist only for the purpose of seeding new teams based on prior performances with other teams. The team rating, which is a reflection of the team as a whole, is what's important.

Quote:
People who view my profile cannot even see the team that I am on! Only the one I am building as a captain and have never played a game with.
When viewing another player's profile, you should be able to see all teams that player is a member of in the ranked teams tab.

Quote:
Since there are 8 members of our team, but only 3 of us play 3v3, are the players that have never played 3v3 still rated the same as those of us who have?
Again, the team rating is what's important. Every 3v3 game played by your team, regardless of which members participate, affects the team's 3v3 rating.