Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So who will be the next FoM??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enrico swagolo

12-09-2011

Quote:
Jamaree:
Still don't hate Trydamere, because he isn't op, smart CC/Teemo shuts his ass down, just don't let him free farm duh

Not exactly true. Teemo's blind lasts only so long and if they deny you farm, you can always go in jungle (that's what I do) and jungle to your heart's content, then go back to lane, then solo push/farm-farm-farm-farm, then if they land CC, you pop your cleanse and spin away then come back and chop someone down, then spin away, then come back, then spin away, then spin back to get an ace.

The only times you can really shut down a Tryndamere is when he is so cocky he keeps feeding (even then he can make a comeback later on) or if you are Kassadin with Frozen Heart and Thornmail or Ashe or Caitlyn or someone else with great kiting/poking or your team is all Irelia/Garen/Renekton/Nasus/Mundo with Thornmails and Frozen Hearts and Ignites.

Silenterr

12-09-2011

Quote:
OriginialGrim:
I've got two problems with Tryn.

1. You can do completely awful early/mid game and STILL put up a ridiculous fight late game.
2. Someone please explain to me how being forced to counter him EVERY GAME I SEE HIM is fun?

1) It means he farmed, you see when you farm you get $$$ and when you get money you get items on a champion and when you get items you get stronger and when you get stronger you ???? ( I'm sure you can figure out the rest)

2) Some champions needs to be countered in order to win teamfights there plenty of them that needs to be CC'ed in order to be stopped such as nunu and kat. Then there are champiosn that are redic early game and you need to buy some early def to survive the laneing phase such as leblanc, garen and urgot . Then there are champions that have to be focused or they will destroy your team if not paid attention to such as ALL range carries , ALL AP carries and Melee DPS such as yi and TRYN.

17eathScythe

12-09-2011

Quote:
OriginialGrim:
I've got two problems with Tryn.

1. You can do completely awful early/mid game and STILL put up a ridiculous fight late game.
2. Someone please explain to me how being forced to counter him EVERY GAME I SEE HIM is fun?
ok heres the thing tryndamere only has one role on the team and thats do high damage if you let him farm until hes satisfied and dont know nothing to controll he will get out of contoll and in any team fights try to burst him down i sounds hard but theres how you can deny him because once he gets on the motion of farming and killing all he wants you will have a tougher time to counter him in this game you gotta play smart sometimes and not do the samething you do every match.

Dyldification

12-10-2011

assuming youre playing against the average retarded trynd, but when you play against a good player, they know how to close counters, such as quicksilver sash or something

Aria Sachou

12-10-2011

Tryndamere is like the Q.Q scapegoat of the game.
He will never be off the hook unless they literally do a complete rework or give him the morde treatment
Because the Q.Q don't care for balance when they nerf the champs they target, they just want to win and don't want to admit losing fair and square.

FF1WhiteMage

12-10-2011

I'm sorry but I really want to say, Tryn players, I do not sympathize with you, but I do understand the fact that you have a champion and you like him, I originally mained evelynn for a long while and I felt the nerf hammer, I still can play her but it's not the same and I get called out every time on it. ( Quite annoying. ) But to be honest, I personally feel like Tryn should have something either done about his early game damage or sustain, both are really crazy, especially because the single fact early game, he can walk up and smash your face in, they said they were going to REMOVE that factor from tryn but to be honest, they only made it that much stronger..... and it's debilitating to watch yourself get smashed so hard top, because there is only one or two AD tops that can withstand tryndamere, and they are squishies.... meaning if they get out of position once, Tryndamere can punish them hard, I do not feel like Tryn should be destroyed but I feel like for a character like him, he should be given treatment as a jungler, where he's forced to jungle. Because he just gets too strong..... and I personally feel like it's ridiculous what kind of damage he can get, but I do not mean by this that I want a character removed. Just Laning on him is plainly too strong, he isn't forced to build ad early either, he only really needs his phantom early and he can still pummel you harder than a wukong :l It's just... I hate fighting him, And I will buy items to go against him often, but it never seems to work because his early game is just so powerful, and after his phantom, he can really just say I don't care and go yomuu if he wants, because he doesn't need damage, his crits give him enough damage.... RNG isn't fun.... that's why dodge is getting **** canned..... I personally feel like crit should be remade somehow to make it less effective for tryn, and yes that does seem unfair, but his early game, just..... isn't fun, fighting it requires you to be so careful and if you mess up a tiny but he can instantly capitalize you, and than it's the lottery, you win the fight and your lane, or you lose it and game seems already set, first blood on tryndamere almost always results in him winning his lane to no end.... and farm on him, ends up too effective as well... especially with how easy it is to zone people off your lane after you have your max rage.... and he simply has infinite sustain with his Q... I have played tryn, tryn requires timing and a decent amount of knowledge to know what you can and cannot get away from, but it's just not fun... I'm sorry... It's my rant and I'm tired, and I probably said stuff that makes me sound like a noob but I'm just trying to be honest :l

17eathScythe

12-10-2011

Quote:
FF1WhiteMage:
I'm sorry but I really want to say, Tryn players, I do not sympathize with you, but I do understand the fact that you have a champion and you like him, I originally mained evelynn for a long while and I felt the nerf hammer, I still can play her but it's not the same and I get called out every time on it. ( Quite annoying. ) But to be honest, I personally feel like Tryn should have something either done about his early game damage or sustain, both are really crazy, especially because the single fact early game, he can walk up and smash your face in, they said they were going to REMOVE that factor from tryn but to be honest, they only made it that much stronger..... and it's debilitating to watch yourself get smashed so hard top, because there is only one or two AD tops that can withstand tryndamere, and they are squishies.... meaning if they get out of position once, Tryndamere can punish them hard, I do not feel like Tryn should be destroyed but I feel like for a character like him, he should be given treatment as a jungler, where he's forced to jungle. Because he just gets too strong..... and I personally feel like it's ridiculous what kind of damage he can get, but I do not mean by this that I want a character removed. Just Laning on him is plainly too strong, he isn't forced to build ad early either, he only really needs his phantom early and he can still pummel you harder than a wukong :l It's just... I hate fighting him, And I will buy items to go against him often, but it never seems to work because his early game is just so powerful, and after his phantom, he can really just say I don't care and go yomuu if he wants, because he doesn't need damage, his crits give him enough damage.... RNG isn't fun.... that's why dodge is getting **** canned..... I personally feel like crit should be remade somehow to make it less effective for tryn, and yes that does seem unfair, but his early game, just..... isn't fun, fighting it requires you to be so careful and if you mess up a tiny but he can instantly capitalize you, and than it's the lottery, you win the fight and your lane, or you lose it and game seems already set, first blood on tryndamere almost always results in him winning his lane to no end.... and farm on him, ends up too effective as well... especially with how easy it is to zone people off your lane after you have your max rage.... and he simply has infinite sustain with his Q... I have played tryn, tryn requires timing and a decent amount of knowledge to know what you can and cannot get away from, but it's just not fun... I'm sorry... It's my rant and I'm tired, and I probably said stuff that makes me sound like a noob but I'm just trying to be honest :l

I understand youre points the average tryndamere player only stacks attack speed and damage so in terms he has no def so if you can harras him and now it will be easier with hes bloodlust nerf you can be able to control him I also understand just fighting him its hard cuz he dishes out increidible damage but once you know how to counter tryndamere he becomes just like any other champion out there.

kavinh the third

12-10-2011

my money's on mundo twitch and katarina.

Genericke

12-10-2011

I'm going to say Vayne. I'm already seeing some threads popping up about her and she's starting to get banned in higher level elos. She's also in the best spot of all of the AD carries right now.

17eathScythe

12-10-2011

Quote:
Genericke:
I'm going to say Vayne. I'm already seeing some threads popping up about her and she's starting to get banned in higher level elos. She's also in the best spot of all of the AD carries right now.

I agree on that with you vayne does incredible amounts of damage in short time even more than the FoTM tryndamere.