So who will be the next FoM??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

17eathScythe

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nderr View Post
I have a feeling Ahri will be FotM when she is released..
Her kit sounds WAY strong and the kind of thing people will QQ about hard. FotM seems to involve things that are 'frustrating' hence Fizz's .5sec dodge, Trynd's ability to gtfo of anything and tower dive like a pro even in the hands of a baddie. You cant run from akali etc etc

I think it will take a harsh nerf before Trynd is no longer FotM overall though. Due to how hard he can punish noobs..
You forgot about morde that a few months ago he was undeniable cuz ppl didnt know how to fight him. And the fox seems like a QQArmy target but Tryndamere is there main target simply because he can punish badies really hard like you said.

Cretinok

12-09-2011

Tryn QQ will NEVER go away if he is allowed to stay the way he is. He is simply too strong against uncoordinated teams.

But it goes further than that. A well coordinated team can shut him down on SR, but its fairly difficult to do so on TT.

I know the game isnt balanced around TT, so most Tryn players would disagree with me, but he needs to be reworked. But before you start complaining and downvoting my post here me out.

I agree that he's somewhat lacking on SR. The rework that he deserves would be one that buffs him for 5v5, but nerfs him for 3v3. I'm not sure how that could be accomplished, but it would probably silence much of the QQ.

But back to the original topic, I'm gonna have to say Ahri. New champions always generate QQ and based on her skill mechanics preview, this is gonna be an amusing one.

17eathScythe

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
Tryn QQ will NEVER go away if he is allowed to stay the way he is. He is simply too strong against uncoordinated teams.

But it goes further than that. A well coordinated team can shut him down on SR, but its fairly difficult to do so on TT.

I know the game isnt balanced around TT, so most Tryn players would disagree with me, but he needs to be reworked. But before you start complaining and downvoting my post here me out.

I agree that he's somewhat lacking on SR. The rework that he deserves would be one that buffs him for 5v5, but nerfs him for 3v3. I'm not sure how that could be accomplished, but it would probably silence much of the QQ.

But back to the original topic, I'm gonna have to say Ahri. New champions always generate QQ and based on her skill mechanics preview, this is gonna be an amusing one.
Thats a very good point you make there but the funny thing is i play TT alot and i see a trynda almost every gamr all you need is comunication that the QQArmy doesnt know how to do and expect to kill any champ with the same build they do every game.And talking about Ahri she will be a very interesting champion when shes out and im gonna laugh about the thousand QQ threads they will gonna do on her.

brbpoopedmypants

12-09-2011

The next new champ will be FOTM based on Riot's proven track record of releasing new champs that are overpowered (75%+ released this way).

VooDooZecora

12-09-2011

i like when they first reworked trynd (to put him on the rage system) EVERYONE raged saying "trynd is useless!" Not 3 weeks later he was back on the "|3 @ |\| |\| @ 0 \/\/ !" list.

People don't understand that they can counter him even w/o a coordinated team. (kinda) 1) buy a frozen heart (soft counter) or 2) buy a randuins omen (hard counter). Randuins slows him, makes it impossible for him to keep up, especially if you know how to bait the chicken.

2, play someone with very powerful SOFT CC, such as NuNu, Nasus, Anivia, even Karma (if you are good... but Karma isn't that great atm) Ashe, Singed if played well, Morgana if you can land the hit, Teemo for the blind/slow. Another tryndamere! (/troll)

Nunu and Nasus are especially good at peeling trynd off of an AD carry. because there slows are so very powerful and last so long. nunus lasts for 6 seconds alone, and can have 100% up time with a little CDR, and its what, 50% reduced movement speed? something crazy.

17eathScythe

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooZecora View Post
i like when they first reworked trynd (to put him on the rage system) EVERYONE raged saying "trynd is useless!" Not 3 weeks later he was back on the "|3 @ |\| |\| @ 0 \/\/ !" list.

People don't understand that they can counter him even w/o a coordinated team. (kinda) 1) buy a frozen heart (soft counter) or 2) buy a randuins omen (hard counter). Randuins slows him, makes it impossible for him to keep up, especially if you know how to bait the chicken.

2, play someone with very powerful SOFT CC, such as NuNu, Nasus, Anivia, even Karma (if you are good... but Karma isn't that great atm) Ashe, Singed if played well, Morgana if you can land the hit, Teemo for the blind/slow. Another tryndamere! (/troll)

Nunu and Nasus are especially good at peeling trynd off of an AD carry. because there slows are so very powerful and last so long. nunus lasts for 6 seconds alone, and can have 100% up time with a little CDR, and its what, 50% reduced movement speed? something crazy.
Ignite and exshaust are also enemies of the tryndamere but since half of the community dont know anything other than the items they use for there regular builds i give them a chance by saying use comunication and you can control tryndamere

Cretinok

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17eathScythe View Post
Thats a very good point you make there but the funny thing is i play TT alot and i see a trynda almost every gamr all you need is comunication that the QQArmy doesnt know how to do and expect to kill any champ with the same build they do every game.And talking about Ahri she will be a very interesting champion when shes out and im gonna laugh about the thousand QQ threads they will gonna do on her.
I mostly play TT with a couple close friends (it seems like the only way to get decent coordination) and ironically, one of them plays Tryn. So theres usually two Tryns in about 80% of the games I play. I refuse to play public TT games because I know what will happen.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nderr View Post
I have a feeling Ahri will be FotM when she is released..
Her kit sounds WAY strong and the kind of thing people will QQ about hard. FotM seems to involve things that are 'frustrating' hence Fizz's .5sec dodge, Trynd's ability to gtfo of anything and tower dive like a pro even in the hands of a baddie. You cant run from akali etc etc

I think it will take a harsh nerf before Trynd is no longer FotM overall though. Due to how hard he can punish noobs..
Funny thing about new champs, they become FotM for about a week unless they're actually OP on release. Look at Fizz for example, he was pissing everyone off because he has 0.75 seconds that you can't touch him for every 16/14/12/10/8 that you could. Suddenly, no Fizz OP threads.
Graves, idk what was with him. He was a little OP on release, but they fixed him so I don't see what the second nerf was for.

Bilun

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbpoopedmypants View Post
The next new champ will be FOTM based on Riot's proven track record of releasing new champs that are overpowered (75%+ released this way).
this is so very wrong. let's go over the last year(omitting volibear/fizz as they are still heavily debated):

Released underpowered: Lux, Irelia, Cassiopeia, Caitlyn, Renekton(he was buffed to OP one patch later, but was released UP), Karma, Lee Sin, Brand, Rumble, Yorick, Wukong, Skarner, Riven

released more or less balanced: Maokai, Orrianna, Leona, Talon, Xerath, Shyvanna

released overpowered: Leblanc, Jarvan(took people a few weeks to realize he was OP though),, Nocturne(very slightly OP), Vayne, Graves

That's 13 UP, 6 more or less balanced, and 4 OP(that's 17% nowhere near 75%) . This trend has by and large been the case for most of LoL's history- the devs err on the side of new champions being UP. The only people who claim most champions are released OP are the F2P players who are upset about how commonplace 6k champions are and feel the need to make Riot look like the big bad moneygrubbing corporation that sells wins.

Well that's not entirely true; there's also the player who think if they can't counter the new champion the same way they counter existing champions of the archetype the champion is OP. Because clearly every caster should be countered in exactly the same way as Annie. Most of the time these players stop calling the champion OP3-4 weeks after release with no nerfs.

OriginialGrim

12-09-2011

I've got two problems with Tryn.

1. You can do completely awful early/mid game and STILL put up a ridiculous fight late game.
2. Someone please explain to me how being forced to counter him EVERY GAME I SEE HIM is fun?