Is Tryndamere overpowered?

Overpowered 449 53.64%
Underpowered 37 4.42%
Balanced 351 41.94%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Is Tryndamere overpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragull

12-09-2011

He is not truly OP, like released Xin Zhao or something, but I think his passive is too good on lane (35% crit chance).

GiraffesAreMute

12-09-2011

have you ever thought about counter-picking trynd? the best counter pick is teemo with his blind.... trynd cant catch him if you run ghost flash on teemo... so trynd cant farm. the trick is to blind him when he is last hitting... moreover, i find fizz to be a good counter with his grievous wound. Kog is a great counter also if you land his slow. And please just get exhaust to beat him.... and be smart when you decide to exhaust

ManlyTeemo

12-09-2011

Overpowered in solo queue.

EdgarAllanProse

12-09-2011

He's a pain in the ass, but he's not the overpowered abomination this community seems to think he is.

scotth266

12-09-2011

I remember a while back, when Tryndamere was reworked into the Rage system and all the Tryndamere players were saying that he had been unjustifiably nerfed.

Now thanks to the Cleanse change, he's suddenly the forum's #1 Most Deserving Of Nerf (even though the Cleanse change basically buffed every melee AD champ in the game in the same exact manner).

I think that Tryndamere's numbers and mechanics are fine as-is. What needs to be looked at is the way Cleanse works with other summoner spells. It shouldn't be a direct counter to Ignite or Exhaust: rather, it should be only a partial counter. Make it so that if you Cleanse an Ignite or Exhaust spell, only 1/2 the spell is applied (either effect-wise or time-wise). That makes this a tad more fair for players who pick those spells, as well as giving Tryndamere a slight, indirect nerf to put him in line with everyone else.

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

bump

MajinMew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

I can't ****ing stand how he can stand around while he's ulting and do whatever the **** he wants.
especially with turrets.
he can stand there and kill it, with no health for the longest time, then gets away anyway, cleansing that ignite and spinning over a wall to safety.

Zarthorn

05-12-2012

The #1 Issue with Tryndamere is quite simple....toolkit.

Lets break it down:

-An intiate/escape that acts like a free flash
-An obnoxiously good slow
-A very good passive (crits are very good now dodge is gone)
-A resource that he only needs to use for one thing
-An ultimate that allows him to build pure damage unlike other bruisers that have to build some survivability

Then there is the #2 Issue, base stats of which never got changed after Tryn was reworked.

Compile these issues together and you quickly realise why Tryn is not only an exceptional pubstomp champ, but:

-Incredibly Broken in two game modes (TT and Dom)
-A Little OP in Solo queue (disorganised teams)
-Still a strong pick for organised 5's.

As much as most Tryn players will beg for this not to happen (and lets be honest here, a lot of them have crutched on this for far too long) this is what needs to happen to "balance" Tryn:

-Ult reduced to 3-4 seconds at max rank

-Base health at 1-4 reduced slightly so he can't just ignore the other champ and farm even if they are trying to harras him

-Spin range reduced a hair so he can't spin over nearly every single wall making him impossible to catch

Why these nerfs?

It's quite simple really, Tryn gets obnoxious because of how illusive he is and the fact he needs absolutely no survivability whatsoever while being able to stay in a fight longer than actually most tanks thanks to his ult.

The only way to shut Tryn down is early game, now that sustain has been nerfed across the board, Tryn is back to being stubborn at getting out of lane because his heal snuck under the radar on that round of nerfs.

Now I'm not saying that Tryn should be useless early game, nor am I saying he shouldn't be able to stomp if he does well, but there does need to be some balance redressed here not just for SR, but for TT and Dominion as Tryn makes those modes generally unfun to play whenever he is around.

Yes, I'm probably being a little "harsh" and those nerfs might be a hair overboard, but to be absolutely honest..I'm biased....I never really liked Tryn's design as it reminds me far too much of some of the silly things that MMO developers have pulled in the past (something SWTOR is suffering from at the moment is practically unkillable Sith Marauders that 3 shot you with ease).

Giving a melee champ "Godmode" for me will always be seen as a lazy design descision, something I will always feel Riot dropped the ball with despite how much better the champions of today are in terms of quality and tookit thought.

So yea, I'll let someone with a less Biased view over him say there piece because personally...I cannot freakin stand the champ and I wouldn't shed a tear if Riot pulled him out of the game entirely.

P.S: And that isn't because I get regularly "stomped" by Tryn, I know how to counter him, I just find him obnoxious and incredibly dull.

Edit: 2 downvotes? must be Tryn players.

Edit2: challenge to you downvoters, if you can give me a good reason as to why he is not OP, and I'm talking it better be a good one not your usual "count to 3 and ignite", "Throw exhaust on him" or "Just stop him farming" (yes those work if the Tryn is not a decent Tryn player, but a decent one will find a way around all of those either through cleanse/qss or switching with the Jungler) then I'll gladly retract my statement, because I honestly don't think you can.

DeathByOnion

05-12-2012

I knew this was a necro when I read tryndamere and OP in the same sentence.

Waxdec

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandeep View Post
bump
Why the **** would you bump this you moron