The Hunters Down Under: A Life in Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natsume Takashi

08-07-2013

Disclaimer: This isn't going to be 100 percent accurate lore wise but it will have many connections and hopefully you guys find some enjoyment as we let our minds explore Runeterra.

The Hunters Down Under: A Life in Vayne

Chapter 1:

The light summer breeze passed over her silky black hair. The Ocean slid across her tired feet back and forth as if beckoning her to allow herself to be healed by its touch. She was beautiful but not in the intimate and sexy kind of way. She was both fierce and collected. Both stern and forgiving... at least to some she is forgiving that is. Anyway, I could understand why. After all, that is why I chose to join her. To me, she is Miss Vayne. Although to her enemies, she is known as Shauna Vayne, The Night Hunter.

The next morning I awoke in a stir, there was quite a bit of commotion within the League. Miss Vayne awoke me in a white silk gown. I thought to myself how the gown truly accentuates her hair color, her soft pale skin, and her smooth curves. I’ve learned over the years, that Miss Vayne, when not in her traditional Night-Hunter attire, was rather stunning. I am careful however in my behaviors because incurring the wrath of Shauna is a sentence to death.

“Wake Apprentice… Today is the day.” she whispered in my ear.
“Yes, Miss Vayne” I quickly replied, throwing on my armored vest while lacing my boots.

We do not speak much as Miss Vayne tends to shy away from prolonged conversation. In that way she reminds me of another friend of mine in the League called Rammus. I often wondered if Miss Vayne and Mr. Rammus would possibly make good friends. Then again, I am not certain that between the two any words would ever be spoken.

Miss Vayne and I, traditionally went about Runeterra, hunting those which are evil and dark. Shauna was terrifying efficient in her work, condemning those who are lost in black magic to death and purifying those who commit to darkness with her silver bolts. Recently however, Miss Vayne was troubled. Recently Miss Vayne and I traveled to “The Great Library” in search of the one they call Nasus in hopes that he would have some information on the parents of Shauna. While I was not allowed to listen to the conversation between the two, I was certain that Miss Vayne had learned something very important about her past. As we left The Great Library, one word escaped from her seemingly stoic demeanor “Thresh”…

Everyone knew that Shauna had lost her parents at quite a young age to a dark mysterious woman who took pleasure in torturing her victims, although this woman was never seen or heard from again after this date. Miss Vayne told me her father, Lucian Vayne, warned her of the incoming threat and told her to make haste and escape before it was too late and before she could reply, he rushed back into the mansion to protect his wife Senna. The body of her mother was discovered the next day in the cellar, lifeless and cold. However, the body of her father was never recovered. Some imagined that it was perhaps taken by the mysterious woman, but Miss Vayne thought otherwise.

Shauna suspected that it was Thresh, the chain warden, who was responsible for the atrocities against her family and it was fairly evident that she would relentlessly hunt him until she found the truth…..

I'll be writing and adding more :]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Natsume Takashi

08-07-2013

Chapter 2:

I lay in my cell. Days had felt like weeks… Weeks like months, and months like years. I had no idea what day it was or even what year it was. The Lantern of the Chain Warden, was a prison unlike any other. It was haunted by the souls of thousands of people, tormented by their fate. The penitentiary was inescapable; it made our maximum security prisons back in Demacia look like the principal’s office. That is until today. Weapons of any kind are not able to transfer within the walls of his lantern, after all the only thing that may pass are souls and only the jailer himself can control which souls entered and left. There is a point where your soul deteriorates beyond salvagability and one is lost in darkness forever. Such is the fate of my beloved Senna.

Senna and I were Night Hunters. The first of our kind entrusted with two ancient relics we used tools in our defense against impurity. We fought darkness with these weapons to help keep those around us safe. Of course through our many fights naturally we gained enemies. Leading us to our fatal encounter with Thresh himself. Before Senna was ensnared, she placed a part of her soul within her revolver and before she was sucked into the lantern, she threw it by me with a painful look on her face. She knew there was no hope of stopping Thresh but she knew that by giving herself up she would in-turn save me. As I was swallowed into the depths of the Jailer’s Lantern, her shattered soul stored within the ancient relic was transferred to me.

These relics were a part of us. And our souls were attached to them to make sure no one else would be able to use these weapons in the name of darkness. I spent the next ten years, what seemed to me like eternity, piecing together her soul incarnated into the Hextech Revolver, the second portion of the weapon needed for me to defeat Thresh and escape the torment of his prison (the first being my weapon the Bilgewater Cutlass). The Hextech Gunblade….

Today is the day…

Edit: More Coming Soon!