"Dominion only has a few good champs to pick"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

12-09-2011

ok I just played a game of AP Nunu

HOLLLLY SHIIIIIIIT

900 ice ball dmg on like 4sec cd
2-2.5k ult dmg
Q with hextech revolver healing like 1.5k with less than 10s cd

LOL DAT AP RATIO

I built spell pen boots, rod, deathcap, voidstaff, hextech revolver

even with 0 defensive items I could just kite panth around with E and even though he does a lot of damage to me when he jumps and combos me I just heal myself for 1.5k on a creep np, then he dies

or the ult for 2k after he stuns me and finish off with one E

**** is hilarious

Nekrogen

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
What is your typical build order for Gragas Nekrogen?
Depends on who I'm facing, but I usually go prospectors+boots+2hp pots, upgrade boots asap (movespeed on grag is important just due to landing his E and getting out if necessary), then I grab the revolver. I'll grab WotA if I'm still alone bottom, glacial if I'm facing a hard AD, or straight up AP if I want more domination lol. Tankiness is important though, so if you think you should grab an Odyn's veil and Frozen heart before upgrading any of your AP items, then so be it (note that if you do this, you should grab at least a blasting wand at some point). My favorite finishing build against relatively low MR opponents is Deathcap, Odyns, FH, WotA, Revolver, and boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
ok I just played a game of AP Nunu

HOLLLLY SHIIIIIIIT

900 ice ball dmg on like 4sec cd
2-2.5k ult dmg
Q with hextech revolver healing like 1.5k with less than 10s cd

LOL DAT AP RATIO

I built spell pen boots, rod, deathcap, voidstaff, hextech revolver

even with 0 defensive items I could just kite panth around with E and even though he does a lot of damage to me when he jumps and combos me I just heal myself for 1.5k on a creep np, then he dies

or the ult for 2k after he stuns me and finish off with one E

**** is hilarious
Yep nunu can boss pretty hard. I feel he falls off against AP champs though, but he's always useful against mainly AD comps and comps without gap closers (keeping people in your ult is important).

Stimuz

12-09-2011

Nunu's pretty weak vs the popular ranged ADs too.

Revoluxionist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Pretty much every champ is ok in Dominion (except Mordekaiser, just dodge that guy). But then there are 15-20 who are so far above average that it's hard to compete. You can play AP Sona and do ok - but then oh ****, there's a Poppy on the other team who wrecks you instantly.
I hope you don't mean me xD
I been using Poppy the last few days, and been destroying the other champs. Whether I get in solo, group, or 2v1/3v1 fights, I'm able to gank a few and get out if I need to.

Kiddalee

12-09-2011

I guess the real point of this thread is to prove that there are even more useful champions than OP could think of, what with all the suggestions in the replies. I have some suggestions of my own.

Nunu is gosh-darned wonderful. He can make one ally and himself run/attack faster; or he can buff a minion to pressure the lane without walking off the point he's defending. He's fat/built enough to initiate under point fire or defend for a long time. In brawls, he slows enemies while buffing allies. While defending, his slow keeps enemies under point fire longer.

Sona can buff the whole team's movespeed, and minions' too. She is a walking (I mean floating) aura. Her long-range poke makes up for her squishiness while interrupting captures. Her ult makes her last even longer. The ult and slow (E powerchord) both hold enemies under point fire once they are interrupted. The ult is especially useful for disengaging all the bruisers in Dominion and the heal lets you barely survive a chasing (time-wasting) enemy. Sona also has damage reduction (W powerchord) which is always combined with your heal and will put your hypercarry on top of the enemy's.

Kiddalee

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
I think I'd rather pick an AP that does 1k-2k burst every 10 secs with stuns and other cc

ಠ_ಠ
Ha ha. He thinks Nunu is an AP.

lbgsloan

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Pretty much every champ is ok in Dominion (except Mordekaiser, just dodge that guy). But then there are 15-20 who are so far above average that it's hard to compete. You can play AP Sona and do ok - but then oh ****, there's a Poppy on the other team who wrecks you instantly.
Basically nailed it. Like SR, it isn't that some champions are flat out BAD it's that the people above them are so much better there's no serious reason to use them. I mean you could use Ashe or Trist and do okay, but why not just take Vayne or Kog?

XaoGarrent

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Basically nailed it. Like SR, it isn't that some champions are flat out BAD it's that the people above them are so much better there's no serious reason to use them. I mean you could use Ashe or Trist and do okay, but why not just take Vayne or Kog?
This really depends on team comp though. If we're going in blind pick with teammates making ****ty picks, Vayne is probably the better default pick. But like, if the enemy team is melee heavy (which is very common on Dominion) and your team has a Singed/Alistar, Ashe is ****ing awesome.

The thing is, people don't really think too far past "we need an AD, ranged is good, better pick Vayne" and don't see how many opportunities arise where they could be playing Ashe to great success. It's really not uncommon you end up with a beefy front liner with decent CC on your team, and an enemy team full of melees that need kited, which is where Ashe excels. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she pairs incredibly well with Nunu since he'd basically multiply her kiting power while increasing her damage.

Annaed

12-09-2011

Riven??? Everybody knows she's boss for dominion...

XeaL

12-09-2011

I mostly agree with the OP. Many champions are good, but IMO Rammus and Yorick are way above the rest.