Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

[Game] can't jump in spectate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priority: moderate

When i try to jump in spectate a friends game, it loads every champs load bar then sits there for 2 minutes until an error shows up saying "Unable to download spectator data. The game will now exit."

if this isn't happening to anyone else, i may have caused the problem myself, i had joined the match at the beginning and waited 2 minutes for the countdown timer to finish, after the game started i said to myself "why am i joining from the beginning!? i wanna jump in during the match!" so i quit, then when the prompt for whether to rejoin spectating the match or to quit i said quit, then i right clicked the guy again (could've been a different person in the same match) and clicked spectate, then the above error kept showing up.

TL:DR steps:
1. spectate match from beginning.
2. quit spectating match.
3. rejoin spectating match via the friend in the friends list (possibly a different friend in the same match)
4.wait for loading to finish, and bug to show up, about 2 minutes of waiting after the load.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Same thing happened to me, following the same repro steps

I've attached a screenshot of the error message (with names blocked out)