is jungle trundle to OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

that1fatkiduknow

12-08-2011

Hear me out.

I just got back into the jungle with this new re-work, and I think it's a little much.
I use + 25 armor pen and 12% crit damage rune book and a 29/1/0 page.
I used to start with cloth armor and pots, but i never used all my pots so i switched to just starting with a vamp septer and then getting a lantern. Then cooldown boots and then tri force and gg. You go through the jungle to quick and get to much gold to easily. I like it but it seems like if i went up against one i'd be ragin.

Terrorize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2011

Yeah he is super OP, I just tried em out .

HlapSlap

12-08-2011

I played against one and got my ass kicked. He's super tough to deal with, you just gotta shut him down early, and try and ignore him in teamfights. Also, avoid fighting him in the jungle, his aoe slow **** can make him really tough to chase down.

mazzadawizzed

12-08-2011

I love trundle. But he is definitely not op. Just sayin. He has to be played very well to dominate in any given game. Even if you're bursting down the jungles, and ganking everywhere.

18X Jake

12-08-2011

I havent tried trundle with the recent changes, just rammus and udyr. I used to like trundle but just gotta try him out again.

Shadowclever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

I find Trundle is strong only when the team has a designated tank. I played a game with a GP health tank and was torn apart, on the other hand I played a game against a Rammus and dominated the game.

I only pick Trundle when I know someone on the other team will have high armor, otherwise it is better to pick someone else.

(But I will say running away as Trundle with Merc Treads + Contaminate is the funniest thing ever!)

Loonaii

12-09-2011

Trundle is my main jungler and since the new change I use him with teleport instead of smite. Bot lane gets a ward and 1st hank is usually a instant kill. He's a fast jungler and good ganks but he's no OP. I played vs a trundle and raped him with Heimerdinger

Ominous Raccoon

12-09-2011

No smite? It's better to have no Flash than no smite since you have contaminate.

P.S I'm assuming you take flash

Grimy

Senior Recruiter

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonaii View Post
Trundle is my main jungler and since the new change I use him with teleport instead of smite. Bot lane gets a ward and 1st hank is usually a instant kill. He's a fast jungler and good ganks but he's no OP. I played vs a trundle and raped him with Heimerdinger
Taking teleport on a jungler isn't ever the best thing to do. Solo top Trundle would be fine with teleport.
There is almost always a way to sneak up on a lane that there isn't need for teleport.
Always take smite on jungle trundle, you'll need it for buff control.
My favorite thing to do on trundle is taking enemies blue buff and putting a timer on it, and taking it every time it comes up.
I wouldn't be able to do it very safely @ all without smite, because if I see the enemy smite jungler coming I'd be forced to fall back.GL trying to beat a good nunu jungler on last hitting a buff. But I guess it's better for Nunu to have blue than their AP nuker....
Dragon/Baron control....
And the first jungle clear is a lot faster/safer with smite, You'd get low without smite clearing lizard and take awhile killing it first time. Very important for that level 4 gank attempt and you don't want to get behind in levels.

Second summoner spell is a little up for grabs, but Flash is a rather important one to chase people over walls. Ghost can be insanely good on trundle since it helps his ganks immensely, plus very useful for running away or catching up since trundle has a lot of CC reduction.
I'd rather have top lane get teleport.

On another subject..

Do all of you always go trinity force? I've rarely got that item though it does pump up his dps substantially. Anyone know which is better for ganks?Trinity or Frozen Mallet? Obviously Frozen Mallet is better for an earlier tanky trundle and better disruptor; However, I guess you don't HAVE to build all of trinity force as first major item... could build a giants belt after phage and then finish trinity....

After wriggles/boots I tend to just go pure frozen mallet and then build counter items preferring to get atmas asap if no other item is more important. It works for me, any input?

And no, I don't think he's OP. Just a regular tanky dps with a cool Pillar block and interesting ultimate.

Carlino

05-20-2012

Trundle is very good at invading