Vote to kick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2012

An alternative option for your consideration:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1788640

We like to think of trolls as inhuman and beyond repair. Truth is, they're just people acting out--they very well may be great people. They're just doing it because there is neither consequence nor reward. Anyway, see the post above and reply there if you have some feedback on the subject.

PWNHAMMER40K

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
There are few other cases I could think of. So for me, I still like to spend the engineering resources on improving the matching making system, LeaverBuster system, reporting system, stats system and the Tribunal system. With these 5 systems improved, it will act better in stopping trolls.
How about adding an MVP voting system? some positive enforcement for a change.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=20669820

foamyys

02-17-2012

Quote:
I can't assume that now, Rippedface isn't exactly on the best terms with the Tribunal.
But assume he is not a troll, his team will get around 11% less potential for leaver/troll.
Considering the fact that employees can see details on individual player's report, ban, and tribunal records, why is there not a separate elo for this alone? With this idea, players who are banned/reported frequently will be paired with other players who are banned/reported frequently, leaving those who are not reported frequently to enjoy the game with those of us who have the same ideals. This single-handedly solves everyone's problem with trolls/leavers.
I realize that this system may be abused by trolls themselves--you can just ignore troll's reports, letting only the responsible player's reports actually mean anything this new system. This will also sort itself out over time--trolls will not be able to abuse this because over time, with a peerfect system, trolls will only be paired with other trolls, leaving matchmaking clean for regular players.

RockIobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Honestly, we need a vote to kick IN GAME. Having someone replaced by an intermediate bot who can't communicate with the team is better than having a troll. TWICE today I have been in a game where a player went into the jungle all game and denied the jungler feed then DIED TO MOBS ON PURPOSE.

xiphias28

02-19-2012

I have been playing league for about a year now and i think there is a serious problem with the matchmaking system right now. Riot needs to not add more lvls but look at other things such as how many times have they gotten reported, went afk, what there kd is, there win ratio, assists, what champ they were playing and take a good look at each play and match them with people who are at the same skill lvl. I have been a lvl 30 for a long time and it doesnt mean you are good. I know i could play ranked to try and fix this however sometimes you don't want to play ranked and have fun in normal but would like good teammates.I know this would be a difficult task for riot because it is a free to play game but i feel something needs to be changed in the matchmaking system.

thank you for reading this and i hope you take this into consideration

Blazeise

02-20-2012

Quote:
Let’s take Rippedface’s case as an example. Assume he is better than rest of his teammates, in essence, his elo has been underrepresented and there is a sampling bias. Not only he should have a statistical advantage over the other team, but both teams should have the same probability of encounter a troll or leaver.

So there could be few things that I could think of that would cause his consecutive defeat:

1) He is not better than rest of his teammates: which our entire above analysis would not hold. Most likely he is at where he should be, and his elo is getting adjusted every time to reflect his performance.
You are forgetting about Gambler's Fallacy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy Simply put, what the elo adjustment more accurately represents is not the individual's performance, but the TEAM'S performance. aka if he plays at a higher elo, but 2 ppl on his team play at a lower elo, they will most likely lose on the probability that the enemy team is at the correct elo. (and 12-1400 is a breeding grounds for wrong elos because of the first 10 games elo placement system) Gambler's Fallacy indicates that just because you were on the "lower elo" team once, or even 10 times, does not increase the odds of you being on the "average elo" team in your next queue. You, my friend, are a shining example of falling to the effects of Gambler's Fallacy because you rely too much on your equations. There IS another aspect to the game--luck. Those of us WITH IT can get carried to 1900 elo. Oh yes, it happens. Those of us without it can EASILY be stuck at 1200 elo. (below 1200, if you play at a 1900 level you can generally just take on the entire enemy team so your team doesnt matter as much at this point) 12-1400 elo is a complete exception to mathematics because it is honestly so jarbled up with incorrect elos on both teams. I'd also like to add that the difference in skill level between 800 elo and 1400 elo is HUGE, but the skill level diff. between 1400 and 2000 is MUCH smaller. Thus games cant be as easily "carried" just by one person thus the elo increase adjusment accurately representing their team performance instead of their individual performance.

The only feasible way to solve this problem, both in my opinion and to make more sense mathematically, is to then make elo adjustments better reflect an INDIVIDUAL'S performance. How do you do this? Not exactly my job to brainstorm for you guys. I pointed out the folly of your system, you use my donations to make it better lol :P Seriously though, I love this game so much that I have no problem creating options without pay for the betterment of the game. I have a lot of great ideas of how to possibly improve solo que in this thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post19608683
Has gotten 0 red attention thus far. The solution to this particular problem would probably be best found under items 3 and 4 at the bottom of the post.

Blazeise

02-20-2012

Quote:
In my personal opinion there are many problems with your kick system:
1) Kicking player who not supposed to get picked. For example, kick player who don't speak your language, from the same country (as on EU servers) or kick player who picked champion that's against the majority's point of view.

4) There could be more than 1 troll per game (by probability theory), how is the voting system going to kick 2 or more "trolls". It then comes down to the question of who gets to decide who is a troll?

There are few other cases I could think of. So for me, I still like to spend the engineering resources on improving the matching making system, LeaverBuster system, reporting system, stats system and the Tribunal system. With these 5 systems improved, it will act better in stopping trolls.
This is a contradiction in itself because the tribunal and reporting system are, in fact, an exact reflection of the majority rule. Although I do believe improving those stated ideas is beneficial, I think the solo que needs special attention. The odds of getting 3 trolls on your team every game who won't vote kick is far less than the odds that you get 3 respectable players who WILL vote kick. This means overall, the probability of you getting a legitimate team is much better.

That being said, I'm not real sure what you meant by item 1 there. If the player cannot communicate with the team, there is a problem. It gimps the entire team. Communication is 80% of what wins games. There is also a solution in my above link for that. Item 5.

Blazeise

02-23-2012

b

OneSmallDrop

03-05-2012

Quote:
So for all three games, there is a troll on your side? but not the other side?
He never said anything about whose side the troll was on. Even if the troll was on the other team all three games, I don't see how the game wasn't ruined for him.

[edit] I got linked from a random reddit post, sorry for bumping this so much later llol