League of Legends Counter Pick List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BFG

04-09-2012

AHH RAMMUS DOESN'T HIT WARDS ANYMORE?!?!? SAD PANDA!
must have been recently, and to address the trist/caitlyn ordeal....
As far as I know caitlyn has no direct counter in lane but champions that have range equivalent or greater to hers are the best choice to play, yes i've heard graves es #1 before but I feel that is very support reliant while champs such as trist and kog don't have to try quite as hard to keep up.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

counters for cait:

tristana, sivir

some other sources:
http://lolcounter.com
http://championselect.net/index.php?r=champions/index

Oppress0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrmCkr View Post
counters for cait:

tristana, sivir

some other sources:
http://lolcounter.com
http://championselect.net/index.php?r=champions/index
OMG those sites are amazing. The counters for many of the AP carries were pretty spot on and they didn't have to constantly go to Kassadin and Morgana who are always banned to come up with good counters.

NotoriousMrBaker

04-09-2012

fizz is actually a fairly competent counter for fiddlesticks. As Fizz, the two champions I do worst against are lux and ahri. I can usually do ok against Morgana in the mid lane by abusing my passive, which allows me to pass through units as if i had ghost. That way i can stay inside my minions and simply wait to dodge her bind before ****ing her **** up. I cant do it with lux because it binds two people and she does too much burst damage for me to shrug off. I'll usually loose the lane if placed against her. If ahri blows me i'm done for, and even if I dodge it, she can usually survive my burst damage if she uses her passive spell vamp well. Spirit rush is the final nail in the coffin, cuz i cant escape her easily. I'd update that counter pick and put lux in, instead of morgana. Also you don't need merc treads to counter me, because i don't have heavy cc.

BFG

04-13-2012

I'll look in to putting lux as fizz's counter

Sookee

04-13-2012

As someone who mains AP there are some errors in the list. Morgana is not a counter for Zilean. She may do OK, or even decent but she's not a counter. After her combo there is no consistent damage to burst Zilean after he revives.

As someone who takes Zilean mid frequently I beat Morganas. Listing Cassiopeia as number 1 is a better choice because she has consistent damage after Zilean's ult. Morgana doesn't.

Also Veigar isn't that great of a counter to Ahri until late game. I actually counterpick most Veigar's by picking Ahri. Her harass is much stronger than Veigar's and she's able to fly through his stun when she hits level 6.

Sugarcaen

04-15-2012

Fizz should be able to shut down a Lux pretty well. Everyone of Lux's abilities has a very obvious animation, an a relatively slow one at that. Play defensively and hold Playful/Trickster for Light Binding or Lucent Singularity. It's a gap closer, but it's also one of the most powerful defensive abilities available to a mid player.

Similarly, Ahri is a very skill shot dependent champion, while Fizz is highly mobile, with a dodge. If you can't dodge a giant heart, or ball of death, consider starting boots and pots. Ahri often levels FoxFire up when they are playing aggressively and want the kill, but if you keep close to creeps, watch for the animation (She jumps and twirls around) then hit Playful, then hold it while the fires attack minions. If you're lucky, you'll catch her with the slow, and can turn the situation around with a quick W+Q. If she isn't low enough for that, you can use Urchin Strike as an escape ability, remember you travel the same distance regardless of how far the target is. If you land on Ahri, positioning yourself to land near a bush, or in a group of minions can save you.

Tokin and I have argued at length over Veigar v. Ahri. Veigar has one of the highest base movement speeds among mid champs, and even though you can ult through his Event Horizon once, you still get the stun. However his single disable pales in comparison to a good Ahri's burst. Do you have a better suggestion?

xSLAY3RL0Lx

04-16-2012

just. too. awesome.

Hirya

05-30-2012

^

whatthehellboy

06-06-2012

big bad wolf (warwick) counters annie OP