Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicArabianKid

12-08-2011

he's fine. i went 25-7 lane solo top.

2 warmogs (full stacked), thornmail, merc treads, force of nature, spirit visage

become unstoppable late game

Rhaen

12-08-2011

Get gold then talk kthxbai.

Spiral Crusader

12-08-2011

I rush Warmogs on Volibear only if im getting so fed so i can get easy stacks
When i play volibear i go with
Rylais (health/Ap/slow and his ult when it arcs it applys rylais to all enemys hit)
Frozen Mallet (Health/Ad/Slow so i can keep people from running away before i can Proc Frenzy)
Sunfire cape (Health/Armor and its good for dealing damage in teamfights and when farming)
Warmogs(HEALTH)
Shurelya's Reverie (Health/HP&MP Regen/CDR/Speed buff helps with initiating and catching any prey)
The boots depend on team comp
sometimes i go Berzerker's or Swiftness or Merc Treads

But this build works for me and i think it helps round out volibears health and his damage output
making him the best tank/melee/bruiser/bear

MrBoomstickESQ

12-08-2011

Quote:
Adrian Umbra:
Lol. Community says Volibear is OP. Community says Volibear is UP. Community saying OP is almost all theorycrafting. Community saying UP is coming up with some good stuff to back themselves up. However, Riot will nerf Volibear because they end up just counting up threads saying he's OP.

I like Voli and play him a fair bit. He has no natural sustain besides his passive for 30% health every 120 seconds. He builds health and does more damage. Yay! Community thinks he's OP because he can do a little of everything, though they've never actually played as him, with him, or against him.

Herp... er when people make threads raging about a champion... they tend to have played... against the champion. Only sometimes I guess. And not that much sustain? Congratz he doesn't have everything.

CerBeRuZ

12-09-2011

Quote:
Adrian Umbra:
Lol. Community says Volibear is OP. Community says Volibear is UP. Community saying OP is almost all theorycrafting. Community saying UP is coming up with some good stuff to back themselves up. However, Riot will nerf Volibear because they end up just counting up threads saying he's OP.

Riot doesn't nerf champs based on 'OP' or 'UP' threads in the forums. I'm not sure if you were around when Lee Sin was released. There was an avalanche of threads regarding how UP and stupid Lee Sin was. Lee was buffed a little after a week and nerfed in 2 consecutive patches afterwards even when the threads remained the same.

Message is, once people understand how to play Lee, he became 'OP'. Similarly, once people understand how to counter Volibear, he becomes 'balanced'.

The only contingent factor here is the player's aptitude in mastering the skill curve.