Volibear is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitong Traceur

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Horrible?

His Q is Singe's toss and ult rolled into one.

His W is a decent attack speed buff that can sometimes burst more damage than Garen's ult. How many other regular abilities give an attack speed buff in addition to a >800 damage nuke?

His E is a non-broken version of mocking shout.

His ult practically gives him the unique damage of a bloodrazor and FOUR sunfire capes.

You're saying he's horrible because he doesn't have concentrated scaling? I'm saying he's awesome because he doesn't NEED scaling.
Thread closed. This guy said just everything.
Get warmog catch squishy punch him 3 times then take 50% of his hp in one nuke HURRR. You didn't catch squishy? Ahhh, so you killed tank, try again with their carry.
(joke, but he is really decent champ).
/singed

Urrelles

12-08-2011

Seems like Voli follows the rules of being a tank that the community has defined.

He can save allies. Performs CC. He can seen as a threat that must be targeted or ignored to become a dangerous annoyance.

His ultimately answer W abilities give home added threat if ignored. His ult is a little hard to use but it spreads out some really nice damage. I've used it to finish off fleeing camps all the time by hitting nearby minions. its great at clearing minions wave when tower hugging or harassing.

His W may seem odd, but he tends ti initiate and stay the fight long enough to benefit from the attack buff and use his ult.

Arcanamoon

12-08-2011

Voliber is like a balanced version of singed.

-They have the same effect Q, but Voliber get a small speed boost for 4 secods and you only have 4 seconds to do the fling, while Singed is target skill making it more usefull and does a lot more damage.

-Both have a AoE Slow, Singed is more like a target snare dud the insane slow effect while Voli have a point blank slow for 3 seconds

-Both have a steroid, Voli get AS for keep attacking, while singed get a just insane boost in almost everything each 60 seconds for 25 seconds BUT Voli also have a nuke, a pretty strong one, pretty similar to Garen Ults, but with only 18 secods cooldown

-At last, Voli ult is like Singed poison trail, but insted running for the whole battle Voli need to stick in someone in order to do his damage doind extra damage to his target and doind damage to the whole team at the same time, i wont found his ult weak, actually i have done many multykills thanks to that ult

And like singed he can be a pretty effective Tank capable to disrupt enemy and do some damage to the whole enemy team

Baroness

12-08-2011

Excuse me, but why in the name of runeterra are you considering volibear.... to be a tank?
He's a heavy melee bruiser if anything. but a tank? no dear sir, thats like saying nasus is a tank haha.

Titan9900

12-08-2011

contrary to the popular belief volibear is not a bear.

1) bears don't wear armour
2) a bear would not name their son or daughter bear. Be like naming your child stevehuman.

RaceLuvsPie

12-08-2011

Volibear is amazing champion! the trick is to not build AP because its useless. Just stack two Warmog's and your W has some amazing burst. Also, people tend to use him as a jungler and thats fine, but Voli's true potential lies in lane. the bear is a poker hit three minions and take a bite out your enemies.

Buchi1324

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfoundead View Post
This is just my assumption of volibear. I think his skills are all over the place, and i realize the chances of my opinion mattering are less than 1% but i dont care i think he should be reworked. He gets bonuses from ap, from bonus health and a skill that does bonus physical damage (non scaling) to the target.

1.His first skill would be amazing if you were trying to build damage, it would give +125 and thats good but to use it you need to get into the fight and pretty much initiate.
2.His second skill makes you attack the target 3 times before you can use the skill, which makes sense because it can do alot of damage from the common volibear that builds two warmongs, but the attack speed boost would be better on an attack speed champion.
3.His third skill gives a nifty little slow/fear which is good but it scales off ap.
4.His ulti is a joke, woohoo you get a long lasting version of sivirs ricochet that scales of ap, i think this would be so much better if it was used on a different champion not a tank

All of this combined with his passive makes him a mediocre, easily shut down tank, and the reason i say tank is because if you build him any other way you will be shut down and you wont last a chance to do anything besides throw someone. Ive tried everything with him, tank, ap offtank, hybrid ad/ap but everyone considers him a red hot target and people shut him down because he is the newest champion, i know some could say just play smart with him and you can get over his disadvantages but he has some major flaws that should be reworked in my opinion. The only way he can be built to work is to stack health gj guys another 1 build champion with randomly added ratios
u havnt used him yet his r is amazing it makes it so he can kill 2 targets because it gives him bonus damage as well not to mention its minion killing capabilities while fighting a champ which sometimes can be huge

MauJustice

12-08-2011

I still see people trying to build straight into Atmogs with him. I think as someone has already said, Mallet+Wits End+Sheen is a better combo for him and he seems to hit his stride earlier with it.

Dümbfoundead

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceLuvsPie View Post
Volibear is amazing champion! the trick is to not build AP because its useless. Just stack two Warmog's and your W has some amazing burst. Also, people tend to use him as a jungler and thats fine, but Voli's true potential lies in lane. the bear is a poker hit three minions and take a bite out your enemies.
this is exactly what i was talking about, stupid people like you just stacking warmongs, i do like the, "Mallet+Wits End+Sheen" combo even though i hate volibear

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Lol. Community says Volibear is OP. Community says Volibear is UP. Community saying OP is almost all theorycrafting. Community saying UP is coming up with some good stuff to back themselves up. However, Riot will nerf Volibear because they end up just counting up threads saying he's OP.

I like Voli and play him a fair bit. He has no natural sustain besides his passive for 30% health every 120 seconds. He builds health and does more damage. Yay! Community thinks he's OP because he can do a little of everything, though they've never actually played as him, with him, or against him.