Volibear is horrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dümbfoundead

12-07-2011

This is just my assumption of volibear. I think his skills are all over the place, and i realize the chances of my opinion mattering are less than 1% but i dont care i think he should be reworked. He gets bonuses from ap, from bonus health and a skill that does bonus physical damage (non scaling) to the target.

1.His first skill would be amazing if you were trying to build damage, it would give +125 and thats good but to use it you need to get into the fight and pretty much initiate.
2.His second skill makes you attack the target 3 times before you can use the skill, which makes sense because it can do alot of damage from the common volibear that builds two warmongs, but the attack speed boost would be better on an attack speed champion.
3.His third skill gives a nifty little slow/fear which is good but it scales off ap.
4.His ulti is a joke, woohoo you get a long lasting version of sivirs ricochet that scales of ap, i think this would be so much better if it was used on a different champion not a tank

All of this combined with his passive makes him a mediocre, easily shut down tank, and the reason i say tank is because if you build him any other way you will be shut down and you wont last a chance to do anything besides throw someone. Ive tried everything with him, tank, ap offtank, hybrid ad/ap but everyone considers him a red hot target and people shut him down because he is the newest champion, i know some could say just play smart with him and you can get over his disadvantages but he has some major flaws that should be reworked in my opinion. The only way he can be built to work is to stack health gj guys another 1 build champion with randomly added ratios

Our Hero Niko

12-07-2011

but... volibear...

is a bear.

Dümbfoundead

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Hero Niko View Post
but... volibear...

is a bear.
have some respect to read what ive posted and comment on that not just stating the obvious of what he is, this is about what riot made his skills out to be, the fact that he is a bear is badass and he should have better skills around the fact that he is a bear

Our Hero Niko

12-07-2011

but i did read what you posted. but i chose not to reply in a standard fashion.
but i don't see him as a bad champ. i've seen plenty volibears do fine, or do exceptionally well, his kit fits like a puzzle together, and there's no weakness to him except percent max health damage.

DivineDisrespect

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Hero Niko View Post
but i did read what you posted. but i chose not to reply in a standard fashion.
but i don't see him as a bad champ. i've seen plenty volibears do fine, or do exceptionally well, his kit fits like a puzzle together, and there's no weakness to him except percent max health damage.
i am inclined to disagree, percent max hp damage does indeed bring him down but so does strong sustain or just sustained damage or just a team deciding "hey there is bear trying to eat my face guys lets kill him already"

Dümbfoundead

12-07-2011

that would be a good reply thankyou i appreciate your opinion

MagicMyshu

12-07-2011

I guess he's not a star player. I guess he is a team player. Like Leona or Trundle. Sure you CAN carry with them, but if you are playing at your best you will help ur team get kills while u prevent the other team from killing ur allies.

Toss + Speed + Huge Damage. You can use this strategically in order shift the situation in battle. You don't have to use his frenzy to get a kill u can use it to force the enemy to switch formation, then when they do, you can switch targets really fast with ur bear speed and then toss who you need to toss

Also, I've experienced his ult. It wasn't doing a lot of damage to me, but because I was playing Riven, and the fight had been going on for a while and I was low on HP, I was forced to back away from a fight because of those lightning bolts, which bought his team a few seconds of me not slicing and dicing.

NetherFrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

can't agree anymore.

Volibear is a weird champion. All his skill makes him has a mediocre performance at mid game, but really weak at beginning/end game. During time when the bear just got warmog and anyone else doesn't is probably his strongest stage with W.

After that, his team influence is getting weaker because people will start building magic resistance. Low AP ratio don't allow us to increase much burst damage by building more AP. Even more, since most of his damage come from AD, It's just seems wrong to build neither AD or AP

AD = no burst, but better dps, and waste his E and R
AP = burst, but very slightly, and not much dps overall

This makes the bear has no potential when entering late game. Please do something to fix this.

FABIOForever

12-07-2011

Horrible?

His Q is Singe's toss and ult rolled into one.

His W is a decent attack speed buff that can sometimes burst more damage than Garen's ult. How many other regular abilities give an attack speed buff in addition to a >800 damage nuke?

His E is a non-broken version of mocking shout.

His ult practically gives him the unique damage of a bloodrazor and FOUR sunfire capes.

You're saying he's horrible because he doesn't have concentrated scaling? I'm saying he's awesome because he doesn't NEED scaling.

(Okay I see everyone's problem: they're rushing warmogs on him. STOP THAT. You should be rushing a frozen mallet and chasing, catching, tanking and eating people mid game. Go into wit's end after that. You now one of the best tank/damage/utility hybrids in the game).

Kungaherre

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfoundead View Post
This is just my assumption of volibear. I think his skills are all over the place, and i realize the chances of my opinion mattering are less than 1% but i dont care i think he should be reworked. He gets bonuses from ap, from bonus health and a skill that does bonus physical damage (non scaling) to the target.

1.His first skill would be amazing if you were trying to build damage, it would give +125 and thats good but to use it you need to get into the fight and pretty much initiate.
2.His second skill makes you attack the target 3 times before you can use the skill, which makes sense because it can do alot of damage from the common volibear that builds two warmongs, but the attack speed boost would be better on an attack speed champion.
3.His third skill gives a nifty little slow/fear which is good but it scales off ap.
4.His ulti is a joke, woohoo you get a long lasting version of sivirs ricochet that scales of ap, i think this would be so much better if it was used on a different champion not a tank

All of this combined with his passive makes him a mediocre, easily shut down tank, and the reason i say tank is because if you build him any other way you will be shut down and you wont last a chance to do anything besides throw someone. Ive tried everything with him, tank, ap offtank, hybrid ad/ap but everyone considers him a red hot target and people shut him down because
he is the newest champion, i know some could say just play smart with him and you can get over his disadvantages but he has some major flaws that should be reworked in my opinion. The only way he can be built to work is to stack health gj guys another 1 build champion with randomly added ratios
shen would like to talk with you