Should Fauna (Flora) be added to the Champion Roster?

Yes, with or without tweaks! 952 90.93%
NEVER! We don't need another support champion for now 95 9.07%
Voters: 1047. You may not vote on this poll

Fauna: A Support Champion Suggestion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BroconutExpress

12-07-2011

Poll is biased, so no.

Quirknessity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serif View Post
I really like the concept, though I think the numbers are a bit off.

Q could use higher damage considering tenacity would reduce the damage dealt by reducing the root duration.
W would need it's heal significantly nerfed to fit in the current meta as a support.
E would need a massive cooldown especially paired with W, which would just feel really bad.
R is an awesome concept. I like the Tenacity and Cleanse pairing.
Passive is pretty solid.

These are all of course just my opinion. =) Great concept. +1
And this must be the very first time a Red has ever commented on a Champion concept. Grats to the designer.

Kerhentt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2011

no "going to the store" video ?

Dayntee

12-07-2011

Bumping a good idea. Would like to see further developed.

Riku

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirknessity View Post
And this must be the very first time a Red has ever commented on a Champion concept. Grats to the designer.

Posting sketches in threads is OP.

Fredmonroe

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
Hi Summoners,

(Q) Conjuring Roots - Target an enemy to spawn thorny roots in between his feet. This causes him to be immobilized for 1 / 1.25 / 1.50 / 1.75 / 2.00 seconds. Additionally the rooted target takes 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+0.3 AP) magic damage every 0.25 seconds.
This move is way overpowered. To do the math for you, assuming a 2second snare, that's 280 + 2.4(AP). That's insane damage. Even with 35% tenacity you are seeing a scaling around 1.5 with AP and a snare + decent base. That is just much too much damage. I do think LoL needs entangling roots though, i'm a fan of the spell concept.
Quote:
(W) Blossoming Rose - Target an area to throw magical seeds over there. A red color rose than starts to emerge/grow there for 2 seconds, after which it explodes and its pollens spread in the area. All allies within 300 radius of the rose exploding are healed for 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 (+0.4 AP) and have their armor and magic resistance increased by 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 for 5 additional seconds.
Once again this move is OP. The amount of healing would be too good, and the fact that it gives armor and mr, not just one or the other just pushes it over the edge. I do like the idea though, but those numbers are way off (I would also make it only give either armor or MR)
Quote:
(E) Calming Fragrance - Target an area to immediately pop a white flower there (from within the ground). This white flower lasts 5 seconds and all ally champions, who stand within 300 radius of said flower, are restored 0.60% / 1.20% / 1.80% / 2.40% / 3.00% (+ 0.005 AP) of their max mana per second.
This move actually seems like it would be a bit UP with these numbers. With so many champions that don't use mana, you may be in trouble with this ability. Perhaps with these numbers it could be an offensive spell and a mana drain on enemies instead?
Quote:
(R) Relieving Breeze - Passive Aura - Allied Units within 500 radius of Flora have their tenacity set to 10 / 20 / 30 (unless they possess an item that gives a higher tenacity).

Activation - Every Allied Champion within 500 radius of Flora is immediately cleansed (experiencing same thing like they just blow cleanse) and have their movement speed increased by 10% / 15% / 20% for 3 / 5 / 7 seconds.
These numbers are hard to judge but it seems like a strong concept. Sort of like an uber shurelia's reverie, would require a lot of skill to use properly. I like it.
Quote:
(Passive) Mellow Vibe - Unless Flora has damaged an enemy in the past 3 seconds, the enemy deals 10% / 15% / 20% less damage to Flora.
I like the passive, but I'm sure Riot would nitpick it as "encouraging passivity"

Overall I like the concept, I just worry a little bit about the numbers on the first 2 spells, and that AP scaling seems to be a very important factor for her, when as a support she won't be getting much AP, or money for that matter.

Quirknessity

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku View Post
Girlfriends posting sketches in threads is OP.
Clearly, I need to make friends with the girlfriends of reds. Except somehow, I feel like that would probably get me in trouble, rather than helping my cause out. Nevermind, carry on.

Bump for OP again.

Ireliateyou

12-07-2011

Pretty well thought concept. Do want.

Ben Khan

12-07-2011

Great but looks really imba

Riku

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredmonroe View Post
This move is way overpowered. To do the math for you, assuming a 2second snare, that's 280 + 2.4(AP). That's insane damage. Even with 35% tenacity you are seeing a scaling around 1.5 with AP and a snare + decent base. That is just much too much damage. I do think LoL needs entangling roots though, i'm a fan of the spell concept.
Once again this move is OP. The amount of healing would be too good, and the fact that it gives armor and mr, not just one or the other just pushes it over the edge. I do like the idea though, but those numbers are way off (I would also make it only give either armor or MR)
This move actually seems like it would be a bit UP with these numbers. With so many champions that don't use mana, you may be in trouble with this ability. Perhaps with these numbers it could be an offensive spell and a mana drain on enemies instead?
These numbers are hard to judge but it seems strong. Sort of like an uber shurelia's reverie.

Overall I like the concept, I just worry a little bit about the numbers on the first 2 spells, and that AP scaling seems to be a very important factor for her, when as a support she won't be getting much AP, or money for that matter.
Q isn't OP, that is the only damaging move and really doesn't do THAT much damage, especially for a support who won't be getting much CS for AP items, anyway.

W's base numbers are too high.

E is decent, especially for supporting the current ranged AD bot meta. As Serif said, it would require a long cooldown. Don't even try to recommend a mana drain, we all know Riot is completely against mana draining and other "anit-fun" moves.