Should Fauna (Flora) be added to the Champion Roster?

Yes, with or without tweaks! 952 90.93%
NEVER! We don't need another support champion for now 95 9.07%
Voters: 1047. You may not vote on this poll

Fauna: A Support Champion Suggestion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K D Bonez

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
Yeah, I am still working on making it a worthwhile skill. I am completely open to suggestions. Nonetheless, I did tweak it according to your liking.
Hrm... considering the ability is giving CDR, which when you think about it is "+Spell Cast Speed", why not change the effect of increasing enemy CD to Bonus Attack Speed for allies? It would fit in with the theme of it's already existing function in the CDR. If you do have it like that, note that it lasts for 3 seconds and re-procs as long as your in-range of the plant (think of how Singed's Mega Adhesive works). As for the Bonus attack speed percents, go with something like this:

20/25/30/35/40% ATKS

Also, if you havn't yet, get rid of the mana regen thing on that. I know you probably really want to keep it and think it's going to be like this signature thing on Flora, but it's just not good =/ I know the feeling, I get attached to abilities I want on a Champion too.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2011

Quote:
Hi Summoners,

It has been a while since Riot released a new support champion. So I was wondering if I could help them with coming up with an idea of how the champion should play. Please note that everything in this thread is conceptual and the numbers could change if they seem to be too strong or weak.

Flora, the Nature Goddess

(Q) Conjuring Roots - Target an enemy to spawn thorny roots in between his feet. This causes him to be immobilized for 1 / 1.25 / 1.50 / 1.75 / 2.00 seconds. Additionally the rooted target takes 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+0.15 AP) magic damage every 0.25 seconds.

(W) Blossoming Rose - Target an area to throw magical seeds over there. A red color rose then starts to emerge/grow there for 2 seconds, after which it explodes and its pollens spread in the area. All allies within 300 radius of the rose exploding are healed for 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+0.4 AP) and have their armor and magic resistance increased by 7 / 14 / 21 / 28 / 35 for 5 additional seconds.

(E) Calming Fragrance - Target an area to immediately pop a white flower there (from within the ground). This white flower lasts 5 seconds and all ally champions, who stand within 500 radius of said flower, are restored 0.60% / 1.20% / 1.80% / 2.40% / 3.00% (+ 0.005 AP) of their max mana per second and experience a 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% reduction in their ability cool-downs. Additionally, enemy champions who stand within 600 radius of said flower have their cool-downs increased by 4% / 8% / 12% / 16% / 20%.

(R) Relieving Breeze - Passive Aura - Allied Units within 500 radius of Flora have their tenacity set to 10 / 15 / 20 (unless they possess an item that gives a higher tenacity).

Activation - Every Allied Champion within 500 radius of Flora is immediately cleansed (experiencing same thing like they just blow cleanse) and have their movement speed increased by 10% / 15% / 20% for 3 / 4 / 5 seconds.

(Passive) Mellow Vibe - All enemies that Flora has not attacked in the last 5 / 4 / 3 seconds deal 10% / 15% / 20% less damage to her.

Edit#1: Tweaked the numbers a little upon your valuable feedback summoners. Also changed her name from Fauna to Flora. Thanks again for all your criticisms.
Edit#2: After lots of feedbacks, thanks again guys, I tweaked the numbers again a bit, but please bear in mind. It is the concept that matters here. Number adjustment is where you guys come in and Riot balance crew.
Edit#3: As other areas of Flora were nerfed and common thought was that her E had no late-game viability. I mingled around with it a bit. Let me know what you guys think of all the tweaks, especially the added bonus on Calming Fragrance.

Please check the rough sketches / concept arts by Riku & Samurai Squash:
I'd rather have this as a pure nature champ, like a counterpart of Maokai:

K D Bonez

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I'd rather have this as a pure nature champ, like a counterpart of Maokai:
Really insightful comment and helpful information, well done.

FoxMindedGuy

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by k d bonez View Post
really insightful comment and helpful information, well done.
lol!

Bladistkilla

12-08-2011

if all her allies have max tenacity and CDR and use Rage or energy wat use are the passives?

Quirknessity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladistkilla View Post
if all her allies have max tenacity and CDR and use Rage or energy wat use are the passives?
One part of her ult still allows for Cleanse. The E, on the other hand, also gives mana regen, and Attack speed, so it's still good.

As a side-note, do you think you're starting to put too much effects into one skill? I like how you've turned E into a global Aura, but it seems like the effects are kind of growing now in the sense that Flora can now do pretty much everything. (Though the Heal delay is a nice way to compensate for this).

FoxMindedGuy

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirknessity View Post
One part of her ult still allows for Cleanse. The E, on the other hand, also gives mana regen, and Attack speed, so it's still good.

As a side-note, do you think you're starting to put too much effects into one skill? I like how you've turned E into a global Aura, but it seems like the effects are kind of growing now in the sense that Flora can now do pretty much everything. (Though the Heal delay is a nice way to compensate for this).

Quirknessity

12-08-2011

Quote:
I 100% agree with what you are saying but all the changes have been according to the feedback I have received. A lot of people were concerned that her E was completely irrelevant late game.
To a degree, it was, considering a lot of Champions don't need mana regen later on. (I was actually one of those people who said it wasn't too relevant later on) That's why Soraka's Infuse is useful: it added utility both late and early game. Personally, though, I think it's a little overdone. This skill probably has too much utility as it stands now, because of the global Aura. CD/mana regen will help harrass in lane, and AS/CD will help loads lategame.

Also, you might want to watch further comments on the AS, because compared to Nidalee's 60%, and Nunu's 65%, it might be a bit over the top.

FoxMindedGuy

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirknessity View Post
To a degree, it was, considering a lot of Champions don't need mana regen later on. (I was actually one of those people who said it wasn't too relevant later on) That's why Soraka's Infuse is useful: it added utility both late and early game. Personally, though, I think it's a little overdone. This skill probably has too much utility as it stands now, because of the global Aura. CD/mana regen will help harrass in lane, and AS/CD will help loads lategame.

Also, you might want to watch further comments on the AS, because compared to Nidalee's 60%, and Nunu's 65%, it might be a bit over the top.

reaper1103

12-08-2011

i like the idea of a skill shot aoe heal and a passive mana gain that would be awsome so yea im all for it this would be the one support that i would actually play so u got my vote