Most newb friendly champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Tibbers

10-04-2009

Octopus brings up a good point; it's best to hang back and focus on surviving and pushing until you have a good understanding of what champions do. When I first came into LoL I took the time to research guides and ability lists to ensure I knew what every champion did. I remembered from DotA that you need to know how the other heroes work too, not just your own. So I suggest taking the time to look all that up under that new "Game Information" page.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2009

Play each hero a few times so you can learn what they do. That way it takes less time to know what abilities to watch out for. Plus you might find heroes you like that you didn't expect you would.

Hamburglin

10-04-2009

cant get much easier than nunu, the hardest part is knowing when to use his ult.

Mercurius

10-04-2009

Ryze. Can't get much easier than rune prisoning someone and rolling your face over the other keys for instant kills.
And if they buy items to counter you? Grats the mercury greaves and FoN/SV basically turn you into a CCing -40% damage aura- so you can't go wrong.
Also very hard to die due to rune prison again, so as a new player you won't end up feeding.

Rudeboymike

10-04-2009

I think the best way to break it down is by type of characters. For me, i am only good at Carrys and Tanks, but i fail pretty bad at gankers. The attributes that make for a newb friendly character are: easy to play, easy to survive, easy to last hit and push, and easy support other gankers

Easiest to play character by role:
Tank - Allistair, Good CC, survivability, and a heal
Carry - Ashe, CC, range, and great at last hitting
Ganker - Twitch? not a lot of info on this guy, but hes basically a stealth teemo in my opinion
Melee DPS - Tyrandere with a tank build
Caster DPS - Annie, great pusher and a decent safety ability

SG GodFlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
I don't think he is that newb friendly to be honest.
All you really have to do is spam Wild Cards and you've got yourself a pro lane pusher ;o

Kuri

10-04-2009

This may sound weird but I think Fiddlesticks is a GREAT starting character, it teaches a person how to use different tools at their arsenal since you have a fear and a silence. He is not as squishy as other heros because of these tools (along with drain) so a player learns how to pace themselves and how to look for your skills to work together and also to coordinate kills with teammates.

Lilwang

10-04-2009

scion, hes like skeleton king from dota, tanky and really only has one button to click. if your friend is being crazy with the running into towers and stuff, tell him never to run past towers ever. this has worked for 3 of my friends who have never even played an rts before. they are still pretty bad but at least they have a pretty decent understanding of the game now and contribute to the team while not feeding. it also helps if you have vent and play a support hero like taric while hes learning so you can keep a close eye on him.

Dartkun

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCollier View Post
ashe, annie, twitch, teemo
I can't agree on Teemo, he was the first hero I tried out, and I thought he was completely useless when I kept getting owned. I switched to Cho'Gath / Alistar and found it ALOT easier to learn to play.

(I did eventually go back to Teemo and now he's my main :P)

Anony

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilwang View Post
scion, hes like skeleton king from dota, tanky and really only has one button to click. if your friend is being crazy with the running into towers and stuff, tell him never to run past towers ever. this has worked for 3 of my friends who have never even played an rts before. they are still pretty bad but at least they have a pretty decent understanding of the game now and contribute to the team while not feeding. it also helps if you have vent and play a support hero like taric while hes learning so you can keep a close eye on him.
Giving my character a bad name I see.