Twisted TreeLine 3v3 Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

09-16-2012

1st, thanks Sam and friends for sharing your knowlege with us

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I have some down-time on a cruise ship and satalite internet is not exactly the nest bang for your buck :|

Anyway this is my question:

I have a group of 6-7 friends who I do Ranked, Normal and in-house 3's with. We aren't great players, yet we have fun and enjoy winning much more than losing :P

I have read a bit in this thread about the advantages of having a jungler in 3's, we all know that the 1st team to secure a Dragon kill will usually follow it up with a tower, a double kill/ace and more farm. This in turn usually progresses into claiming the 2nd and 3rd Dragons too. A jungler will increase your chances of getting those objectives by quite a large margin.

Now, this is my dilemma. Teams in our elo either run 2/1 or 2/1. And the ones who do have a jungler lose, and lose badly. I believe that adding the dimension of a jungler role to our teams would give us a massive edge.

The things I am concerned about are:

1. Where do we start?
Who are the safest/ideal champs to endure this phase of our team's development. What champs out of the list below are best suited to a 2v1 lane, while not giving too much away in farm and experience?

2. Are there any links that may be helpful in gaining more knowlege on the finer points of 3v3 jungling?

Champs our team members play regularly:

Rumble
Tryndamere
Poppy
Jax
Darius
Singed
Fiora
Yorick
Garen
Renekton
Rengar
Olaf
Riven
Trundle
Garen
Pantheon
Malphite

Many thanks, and I appreciate any responses

ihaveapotion

09-17-2012

Urgot in tier 4 = :')

imo hes tier 1.
Hes not god tier in dominion and a very viable pick for SR botlane aswell for nothing, every time i pick urgot in 3v3 TT i end up 1v3ing np.

AWildZergling

09-17-2012

How would you build rumble in 3's? Boots, hextech revolver into WOTA, ryali's then a defensive item? What would you consider core?

Coola

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildZergling View Post
How would you build rumble in 3's? Boots, hextech revolver into WOTA, ryali's then a defensive item? What would you consider core?
Well some people go boots, haunting guise, then abyssal. Some people go like hextech, abyssal. Some go hextech, rylais.

Just never ever rush a wota. If u get a hextech don't finish into wota, just go the next big item you need whether its Ryalis, Abyssal, Cap, Zhonyas, Randuin etc.

Sam

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildZergling View Post
Well, the new thing ppl be building now is rushing a Haunting Guise. (idk if that's spelled right) xD! and build a doran shield early game, for the hp and armor.

AWildZergling

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Well, the new thing ppl be building now is rushing a Haunting Guise. (idk if that's spelled right) xD! and build a doran shield early game, for the hp and armor.
Thanks, forgot about that item, sounds good though.

JannappleExpress

09-18-2012

Sam,
what do you think about nunu support/jayce top and Tiger udyr bottom? This sorta follows the AD carry/support top, but you end up with a bruiser that can go in and tank/deal significant damage in bottom lane, and an AD carry with amazing poke/push and the ability to go in and finish when necessary. This composition also has the flexibility of sending nunu/tiger udyr top and being very aggressive in the upper jungle

AD nid in place of jayce would make Udyr a monster. With 2 AS steroids he would hit like a truck, while building bloodthirster as his only damage item(maybe mallet later) and still get super tanky.

Boo

09-18-2012

tiger udyr would get destroyed in a 1v2 lane, assuming they don't have a jungler

JannappleExpress

09-18-2012

i was assuming a jungle. But wouldn't switching udyr to top with nunu and moving jayce/nid bot solve the 2v1 problem? Also Phoenix could survive, right?

killamandude

09-18-2012

Tier god needs heal clarity karthus