Twisted TreeLine 3v3 Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lirm

03-30-2012

I want to preface this by saying I don't play ranked, and I'm not trying to sound like I know alot, because I don't. I pve'd to level 30 and have only started playing pvp. I really just want to ask a lot so I learn a lot to get better. With that in mind, please don't troll me.

Sam, your record is impressive. But I think your views on Ashe are a little warped. She has the best initiate in the game(ultimate) and her CC more than makes up her lack of damage, as it makes it very hard for any enemy to escape, locking them in. The idea of her is to kite the enemies, not take damage, and do a steady stream of it back.

Her hawk shot helps with her income flow which, in TT is limited in an equal game, so she can out item her opponents. Her hawk shot ward reaches almost anywhere on the map. And the map is full of escapes left right and centre, so even if her player is stupid enough to get dived she can always flash and run. Her CC helps her run, assuming you know what your doing.

To me, she's made for TT. You don't needa bother with wriggles because hawkshot acts as the ward. It doesn't last as long, but the damage you get from rushing IE over wriggles makes up for that. Especially with her passive. And even more so now that the life steal from wriggles has been nerfed. Infact three dorans blades with life steal masteries has about the same if not more lifesteal than wriggles now.(although I only ever buy two)

I don't know. Maybe, because I don't play ranked, I'm just continually stuck playing rookies. But I've out played every champion in the god tier with Ashe and it's all come down to smart positioning,know when to use your hawkshot and generally just being smart. You don't need a ward to know when you opponents dragon'ing. They're all off the map, haven't been raped in a team fight and the red has already been taken? Where the hell else would they be.

You're right in that she has sweet **** all health. I recently out laned a Teemo, but had to be super passive about doing it as he would wreck me if I got too close. TT, after level six, highly relies on team fights anyway, so it's likely Ashe will always have a bruiser close by to hide behind.

I'm not saying her damage isn't outclassed, I'm just saying that as far as I've played she's viable. But then again, feel free to give me an educated opinion on why she isn't, instead of "no health no damage". Because I've negated the damage thing, and smart play negates the no health thing.

lirm

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorguen View Post
Can someone help me with this?

thanks!
The jungle, as far as I can tell, isn't for pure jungling. It's more of a bonus income/xp flow for whoevers got the time to reap it.

And make no mistake, reaping it wins games.

Boo

03-30-2012

it is for pure jungling. it just got unintentionally harder when they changed the jungle for SR.

lirm

03-30-2012

If both teams have pure junglers I can't see how they'd keep up, seeing as there's so few mobs in the game and all the buff mobs are ridiculously hard to kill until your about level 8. Any by that I don't mean they can't be killed, I just mean you have to take the time to do it, instead of just a quick run through like the SR lizards/golems.

Exqzr

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziGumiBear View Post
Why is Orianna not in the god level teir? Hahahaha! Lux is teir 4, this list is 100% pure bs. J4 is also much better than most of the Ad carries you have listed. Cait is also amazing Top, she can win the lane like 99% of the time and do dragon over the wall from mid lane with just a Wriggles, as well as use her ultimate on bottom lane. Really your list is compiled for a bunch of noobs who have no idea how to play this game, tyrnd is probably the number 1 reason we win most of our TT games. O hai you have a tyrnd on your team GG we win. I personally love seeing my friend destroy tyrnd top with Urgot its not even funny how hard Urgot owns Tyrnd at all parts of the game. Just so many ragers at Urgot range.
Its just one guy's opnion. Don't rage on him.

I personally think Fizz is way too high and should be Tier 5. Pretty much a useless champ in need of a major buff. And Tryn, is right where he should be. Impossible to kill, game changer, GG for you if you take him. Anyone reading this should just agree right now to never take Tryn in a game, it's unfair. Tryn should be removed from the game altogether.

I hate Tryn, he kills me at least 10 times a game when I face him.

If I see Tryn joning the queue, I feel like we should all just surrender before the game starts.

Anduraga

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Anyone reading this should just agree right now to never take Tryn in a game, it's unfair. Tryn should be removed from the game altogether.
If he's picked last (unlikely to happen), it can be devastating. But if he's first pick, don't expect him to actually do anything. He'll get shoved out of lane, denied farm and minions. With a few key wards, you'll stop incoming ganks and once he gets a few levels, you can go hunt him down in the jungle and reap the benefits. If you know Tryndamere is picked and you're allowed to counterpick, he's not hard to deal with. Zone him out, and finish the game early. Then there's counterbuilding as well that you should take into consideration.

Do not take inhibitors if you can't take their inner tower either. Doing this with any champion setup just allows the other team to get minion fed.

Finrodelle

03-31-2012

Hi all,

First of all, thanks Penor for the list, it's always hard to make one as there is just too much things to take in consideration.

About this, I would have like to see what is your system to class the champs? I mean, we all know that "throw wall" spells are OP in TT, so is AoE like Rumble and GP ult. It would be nice to have this clearly set as it is the base of a Tier list.

Actually, I've read your long explanation about some champs and thoses are the mosts enoing thing that have bother me:

Tier God :
God AP : Cassiopeia

Tier 1:
AP Carry : Rumble

Cassiopeia in front of Rumble? As she is never bane, got no explanation about her place there (Because there isn't reason for such a thing...) I think she start from T5 from Vraell list to arrived Tgod here. Oo'

Tier 3:
Jungle: Olaf

Morgana shield is considered very strong as it prevent cc... Olaf can't be cc so he can simply ran throw your entire team, bashing around freely, passing throw your tank with is true damage after killing your ap who can do nothing to counter him... Olaf is Tryndamere who can't be CC...

Tier 4:
AP Carry : Lux
AD Carry : Nasus
Nasus: Top is almost impossible to beat. High burst damage, heavy debuffs and free life steal give him the chance to completly control and outclass almost any soloer. When he reach lvl 6 he can solo an entire team as the bot lane will still be lvl 4. The bigest slow of the game make sure one in each gank won't escape.
Lux: Can steal the dragon when staying in bot lane... Even when staying in the base XD (And she do it better then any other champs) She got a lots of CC and AoE. Slow block an entire lane and snare negate efficiency of 2/3 ennemy team... Moreover she cast all her spell throw wall and reveal all brush, TT is nothing else then a big flat uniform platform for her...

Tier 5:
AP Carry : Fiddle
Fiddle, 3 sec fear: weak. Morgana 3 sec snare: op. Fiddle AoE burst ult: weak. Morgana AoE ult: op. Fiddle can solo the dragon at lvl 4... Oo' I mean, yes he is getting really weak on late game, but with fiddle in your team, you'll be at late game point when ennemy team will still be at mid XD

Theses are the things that I find totally outstanding, cause a simple discussion about one up, one down Tier is not really constructive.

In general the list seems well though, even if we miss of inof a lot.

SkysMoon

03-31-2012

My, no THE, best kept secret of Poppy is finally being revealed. She's tier 1 now yay. I try and main her as much as possible. Insanely hard to such down, and has so many build paths. Can grunge the jungle at level 1, go ad carry, ap burst caster, or build support. She doesn't even need tanky items and will never die. Poppy power!

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

IHaveSmallPenor
lol who changed the name

Coola

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirm View Post
If both teams have pure junglers I can't see how they'd keep up, seeing as there's so few mobs in the game and all the buff mobs are ridiculously hard to kill until your about level 8. Any by that I don't mean they can't be killed, I just mean you have to take the time to do it, instead of just a quick run through like the SR lizards/golems.
If there are two jungles you farm the jungle, counterjungle, or gank. Also the buffs aren't that hard to kill...Shyvana for example, can easily do the buffs or red buff at lvl 2 or 3 with smite. She can do her bot camp, top camp and as long as she didnt get doubles she can easily do one of the buffs. Other junglers can do it on their first back, and when they get vamp scepter its easy and they have enough hp to do more jungle or gank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrodelle View Post
Actually, I've read your long explanation about some champs and thoses are the mosts enoing thing that have bother me:

Tier God :
God AP : Cassiopeia

Tier 1:
AP Carry : Rumble

Cassiopeia in front of Rumble? As she is never bane, got no explanation about her place there (Because there isn't reason for such a thing...) I think she start from T5 from Vraell list to arrived Tgod here. Oo'

Tier 3:
Jungle: Olaf

Morgana shield is considered very strong as it prevent cc... Olaf can't be cc so he can simply ran throw your entire team, bashing around freely, passing throw your tank with is true damage after killing your ap who can do nothing to counter him... Olaf is Tryndamere who can't be CC...

Tier 4:
AP Carry : Lux
AD Carry : Nasus
Nasus: Top is almost impossible to beat. High burst damage, heavy debuffs and free life steal give him the chance to completly control and outclass almost any soloer. When he reach lvl 6 he can solo an entire team as the bot lane will still be lvl 4. The bigest slow of the game make sure one in each gank won't escape.
Lux: Can steal the dragon when staying in bot lane... Even when staying in the base XD (And she do it better then any other champs) She got a lots of CC and AoE. Slow block an entire lane and snare negate efficiency of 2/3 ennemy team... Moreover she cast all her spell throw wall and reveal all brush, TT is nothing else then a big flat uniform platform for her...
For the Cassio and rumble part: She is their because she is the highest DPS ap in the game and works well in TT against melees. She has an aoe slow, aoe that speeds her up, and her ult in TT is amazing. She wins her lane and can 1v2 if the enemy doesnt have a jungler for some reason. Rumble is still really good, imo he is god tier, but I am sure Sam has his reasons, so i respect that.

Olaf: Yeah I think Olaf should be higher too, I think Sam just hasn't looked at Olaf after his reappearance as a popular pick.

Nasus: No....He loses to Olaf, Rumble, any good AP in TT. He is meant to farm but can't do much if he can't farm against people that just zone him. Also any good team will have a jungler thus the bot won't be lvl 4... but also 6.

Lux: She is weak early, her cooldowns are too long, her mana costs are decently high. If I wanna beat you in lane I pick someone who needs farm and pushes well to make you use up your mana. And then when your jungler ganks I just dodged your skills shots. Her burst is extremely high yes and she does a lot of dmg, but she doesn't have the ability to kite after her initial spell cycle. She q's your guy and then I am pantheon I just jump on you and kill you. Her ult is amazing, but at lvl 6 she isnt gonna out damage a smite. Lvl 16 she does I think, but that can't be the reasoning. I think she is really fun to play on SR, but she needs a few changes to make her more viable there and in TT.