Twisted TreeLine 3v3 Tier List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anduraga

01-01-2012

Overall seems to be a pretty good list. You undervalue some of the champions based on their stand-alone presence rather than what they can do together as a team. Zilean/Rammus/Fiddlesticks/Kayle and Tryndamere are really annoying to deal with for example. You also pick out specific builds for champs and don't bother with others (AD Sion, AD Shaco, AP Teemo, AD TF, etc.). These are just my opinions based on my experiences (each to their own right?):

- AP Shaco, as has been mentioned before, is not Tier 2 at all - especially in Draft Mode of all places. AD Shaco has a much better start, early to mid game, but he kind of trails off late game especially if the other team is allowed to turtle.
- Akali. Since her nerfs, I wouldn't place her quite as high. Unless you're playing a ranged carry or a squishy mage with no CC, you shouldn't really have a problem with her. Not a very good pick in my opinion unless she's the last champ picked or used as a counterpick.
- Volibear is a very poor pick against any highly mobile champ, which most of the people in the tiers above him happen to be. I've had a Volibear on my team going against a Vayne, Morgana and Ezrael. Probably the most useless that bear has ever felt. That's just one example, but the counters to Volibear are also really easy to do. Should be dropped to Tier 4.
- Lux, while not as great a pick as Morgana, is still a good pick. She's very skillshot dependent and missing one can be disastrous, but let's be honest here, if you can't land your skillshots, why are you playing those types of champs? And if you're getting ganked, its not hard to fire your skillshot backwards and snare them, then throw down your slow in front of them. She's Tier 3 at least.
- Twitch isn't downright useless. He's just a poor pick. Tier 6 seems more appropriate. If you placed MF above Twitch, I think something is wrong there lol.

There are a couple of others that I disagree with that are based on more circumstances than anything else:

- Blitzcrank. I feel like you undervalued him a little bit. He's not great in all team compositions, but in some he works ridiculously well in.
- Soraka. Actually kind of surprised, she's that high. I must've missed the MO of where she was actually worth playing in a serious game rather than trolling the enemy team and laughing at their faces.
- Veigar. Since there's usually at least 1 AP champion on the enemy team, having Veigar present will send him home hurting. He's also pretty useful nuking down other AD Carries for your teammates as well. And by your description of the Tier he is in, I'd love to see a Karthus take on a Veigar any day when both are on the same level. Same for Xerath for that matter...

And Viktor, as much as I like him, should probably be Tier 5 or 6. The two spells that contribute the most to what is valued in 3s, dies with Viktor - making Viktor, a close up and personal mage, a big target. His slow/stun and ultimate both disappear whenever Viktor dies, and it's not that hard to kill him. On the other hand, I like using him against Tryndameres.

As a side note, everytime I see Pantheon and Xerath I usually jump for glee. It means I get fed regardless of who I'm playing (probably even Eve if I owned her). Could be I've yet to see a good player play them, but as far as I'm concerned, they're like Tier 6 to me. Too easy to kill and very little damage output unless fed, but then who doesn't?

iamblamb

01-02-2012

@ Anduraga
I play karthus as my main and have 0 trouble with veigar. Karthus is really a difficult champ to play well though so I wouldn't be suprised if you run over most of the ones you encounter while you're playing as veigar. However you underestimate karthus when a skilled player gets behind the controller. I'm not sure if the casting range is superior or what but if you see the two go toe to toe and Karthusy slaps some boots on he becomes a really great counter to other AP nukers. So i'm not sure about raising Veigar quite up to his level. However I do think that xerath and veigar should trade places. I'm not saying Xerath is useless but he's definately outmatched if he does up against veigar.

As a side note. Has anyone else tried a tanky attack speed amumu with two AP nukers? You should esp if Karthus is one of those nukers. I'd recommend fiddlesticks/karthus/morgana/brand/annie and karthus. Especially since amumu karthus and fiddlesticks all have passives and attacks that lower magic resist.

Son of Zaun

01-03-2012

Tier 5 Galio? Yeah no lmao

Airwen

Recruiter

01-03-2012

u said tier 7 none jungles.............

i can jungle well and gank with twitch shen and eve ( ad eve ) with suitable items

Sam

01-03-2012

Hm... Probably cause your not playing in top tier players yet and head down to the lower bush thinking there would a gank o.o

Sam

01-03-2012

This tier list is like the meta for around 1400 - Up. If you think its wrong, please prove some reasonable facts that a champion should be dropped or go up.

Son of Zaun

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
This tier list is like the meta for around 1400 - Up. If you think its wrong, please prove some reasonable facts that a champion should be dropped or go up.
Umm.. ok. Go look at my ranking and games with Galio. He is an amazing solo bot 2v1 when my team have a jungler, and if I get some early ap, I hope you weren't looking to farm because you're losing half your health bar when you go near a minion. Plus lvl 6 comes around and that ultimate wins team fights.

Zombotany

01-03-2012

I disagree with cass being a tier 1 AP carry and sion not being on the AP list at all (if not tier 2 or 1)

your list is flawed in many more respects, but it's "generally" ok... you made sure to put what everyone knows: Tryn Lee and Singed = gg (not being a jerk, just saying)

Tokinatoor

01-03-2012

I think Jax is WAY BETTER than Rene...

Rene has weak damage and is about the same on defenses as Jax..

Except Jax has a much better range on low cd Q. More damage after level 6... Better survivability against AD (dodge) and a bigger health pool.

The only advantage Rene has is his Q, R are AoE (but do pitiful damage compared to jax) and has a stun (shorter without rage, longer with).

Ive never seen a Rene carry.... Ever.....

Sam

01-03-2012

Cass has an amazing skillshot, very strong lane, game changing ultimate... How is he not a T1? o.O >_<

Sion AP isn't even strong. You go in there, most likely die. He may have a decent burst, but his sustain is so weak... Really not a viable choice. Cass would destroy him pretty easily in every way possible.

Renekton beats most people in lane, autoattack a little, get your rage up and will 3-4 shot Jax easily with his W. If you never seen a Renekton carry idk what kind of 3s your playing bud...