Why is the Spawn time as long as SR's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Punches

3 Weeks Ago

On a map as small as Twisted, I'm wondering, why do we have the exact same spawn times as Summoner's Rift, which is significantly larger than Twisted. I can understand wait times when someone dies in SR around 65 seconds late game, but why does Twisted Treeline have that same wait time before they spawn?

It takes about 60 seconds just to get from one end of Twisted Treeline to the other without boots. For Summoner's Rift, if someone doesn't have boots, they'll be lucky (And also why would no one have boots late game) to get to the other side within a minute.

Really, Twisted is a smaller map with faster gameplay. Why slow it down with the same spawn times as Summoner's Rift? I play Twisted because it's fast and quick. Whenever I die late game, regardless of how many deaths I have, it's always the same: 65 seconds. On Summoner's Rift, I can understand it, and it gives my team time to prepare and I'll be back to help soon. On Twisted, if I die, my team is basically screwed over and by the time I spawn, the game would pretty much be over.

Why not have the longest spawn time set at around 50-55 seconds rather than 65 seconds? Twisted is indeed fast gameplay. The spawn times in Twisted make it a bit sluggish late game.

Desiderata03

3 Weeks Ago

I wouldn't mind if they reduced the cap on respawn in late game some. A team can easily take tower + inhib + tower + nexus if they get an ace late game, even if they're behind a decent margin and just win 1 teamfight at the right time. It's not sour grapes on my part, my team has certainly won games that way too. It just doesn't feel right when you've got a close, competitive game and then wham, suddenly it's all over in the blink of an eye sometimes.

CollectiveFury

3 Weeks Ago

Yeah I agree with you guys. Twisted treeline also should allow you to surrender at 10 minutes, and the minion spawn should also be shortened by 15-30 seconds or so.

Serpent XI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Weeks Ago

Respawn times do need to be shortened. On a map bruisers and high AS assassins are a common a fact of life, being ace'd basically means you lose no matter if all of your towers are up and pristine.