When playing as Galio, which skill is better to max out first?

Resolute Smite 13 37.14%
Righteous Gust 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

The Galio question: What to max first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

08-24-2010

What the thread says. In your opinion, is it better to max Smite or Gust first?

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

I dont know why this is downvoted, but it is situational. Resolute Smite is usually the better choice, but if you want more harrassment and more reliability, focus Gust

Jonathan Kent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

I've always done resolute smite first but it's easy for the enemy to dodge that. Because of this I started maxing righteous gust first. You can wipe out a bunch of minions (farm) quicker and because it's faster it's easier to hit one or more enemies

Sykomyke

08-24-2010

Smite has lower AP ratio but also lower mana cost. Gust has higher AP ratio but higher mana cost. One provides mobility, the other a debuff.

It's such a close call between the two it's really something you would have to determine based upon who you are facing...

If you are facing someone who is constantly outside your normal effective range for smite, or constantly moving around making smite hard to hit, then go with gust. Conversely, if they are getting hit by smite alot, the slow makes it easier to harass them (especially if you have a ranged lane partner who capitalizes on this).

Vacazar

08-24-2010

i'd personally just max the gust before smite because it is a better escape mechanism which isn't weakened by your enemy's boots and it's a better ability for chasing and farming alike.
i forgot to mention it's the more reliable harass and mana cost really shouldn't be a problem on galio.

Texas Snyper

08-24-2010

IMO, gust is better early on for the farming as well as easier to harass with. Although i wouldnt neglect smite entirely in that its probably good to get 1 rank simply for the snare when you go for team ganks.

Dwarfling

08-24-2010

Gust. Makes it way easier to get last hits AND harass at the same time.

Notmiefault

08-24-2010

Trust me, gust is the way to go. Once you get even decent levels of AP, gust will start to overpower smite anyway. As well, good players can dodge smite pretty reliable when you are just using it to harry. Finally, you are much more likely to hit multiple enemies with gust than you are with smite, since the total area is so much larger. Trust me, gust all the way.

YUNGKOREA

08-24-2010

Gust, because early game you can use it too hit all creeps and the heroes.
Smite is pretty hard to hit, but atleast get 1 point into it to get the slow

Petrove

08-24-2010

Yeah Smite is so much easier to dodge than Gust, so Gust all the way. Great for farming, harassment, and handy for retreats if things get hairy.