Tribunal rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liftin Kents

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuryaka View Post
Where'd you get "an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay?"

It feels anecdotal.

Besides, it's just a little something to make you feel appreciated for running Tribunal. Do it for no other reason than to help the community.
its inside the tribunal along with what ever else, and its not like I don't like the idea of players helping sort out the trolls and what not but I feel if they are working to make the game better they should at least be rewarded with something worth their time say 10 rather then 5

Primal Udyr

12-07-2011

Awards are automatically given

VinnyCol7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Yea i cant find where he found that either i understand that the want to make the league community better for everyone.

They still should reward us a little more than 5 ip per CORRECT verdict you reach. They should give you different prizes like they do with the referrals so that once you reach a certain amount of correct verdicts you can get a special prize.

For example they can have a prize at 5,10,20,50,100,500,1000,5000, and 10000. That would be a good system because it will get more people to look at the referrals and also keep players playing until they get to level 30.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1441 View Post
Yea i cant find where he found that either i understand that the want to make the league community better for everyone.

They still should reward us a little more than 5 ip per CORRECT verdict you reach. They should give you different prizes like they do with the referrals so that once you reach a certain amount of correct verdicts you can get a special prize.

For example they can have a prize at 5,10,20,50,100,500,1000,5000, and 10000. That would be a good system because it will get more people to look at the referrals and also keep players playing until they get to level 30.
No, they shouldn't. The Tribunal isn't to get rewards, it's to help clean up the community. If you're doing the Tribunal because you want free stuff, you're doing it for the wrong reasons, and should probably stop because you're wasting your time.

Herodes Atticus

01-18-2012

I like doing it to read chat logs

Nessient

02-15-2012

what's wrong w/ doing it to get rewards?

police get paid doing their work, judges get paid, most law enforcers get paid, but that doesnt mean that they don't do good work

just saying that more people will do it, and do it more diligently if they get paid
pay is correlated with productivity

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2noob2kill View Post
what's wrong w/ doing it to get rewards?

police get paid doing their work, judges get paid, most law enforcers get paid, but that doesnt mean that they don't do good work

just saying that more people will do it, and do it more diligently if they get paid
pay is correlated with productivity
- "That doesn't mean they don't do good work."
That's highly debatable. Yes getting paid doesn't inherently make them do their work poorly, but it doesn't make them do it better either.

- "More people will do it."
The number of people doing something doesn't mean anything. Quantity without quality is less than worthless.

- "... will do it more diligently if they get paid."
Not really. Let's take teachers; the majority of teachers are - and let's be honest here - absolute ****. I've had a few really good teachers though. You know why they were good? It was almost always because they absolutely loved teaching. Were there exceptions? Of course there were, but they weren't common, and usually there's a reason they dislike 'teaching' more related to something else; they dislike the bureaucracy of it, or they hate how every time they go to work they're reminded of how horribly the kids were failed in the past. It isn't the teaching itself they hate.

- "pay is correlated with productivity."
You could easily be mixing up cause and effect; the better cops get paid more. Either way though, where is your 'evidence' backing this up? Are you saying from personal experience you only work when you are getting paid? You'll never do anything because you're helping someone out? You'll never babysit/dogsit/do yardwork for an elderly relative, a friend, a family member?

I'm not saying that rewards are inherently evil and should never be used, but the system shouldn't be designed so that people 'do the Tribunal for the rewards.' Any reward system more than what there is should be exponential, not linear. (You truly need to go above and beyond an 'adequate' contribution to get more than the average player.)

GenPerfect

02-25-2012

Wow, such horrible logic from an Emissary.

As I am a firefighter/EMT I will use that as an example instead of the police or teacher one;

There are paid fire stations and their are volunteer fire stations. If your house catches on fire, you are going to want the station (though you'll likely get both) that is paid to handle the situation. But, you say, the volunteers may be better because they don't do it for the money! They do it for the love of it! Doesn't matter. If you are being paid for it you're being held to a higher standard. When payment is involved you get people who will do it consistently and correctly.

The way it is now, with a paltry sum of IP being rewarded, there is little to no downside to 50 kids from /B/ coming and punishing every single case. Will they get their 45 IP? Nope, but some people will be banned.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-25-2012

Are you a firefighter purely for the money though? Or do you actually believe in/agree with the role your profession plays in society? I'm not saying 'volunteers do a better job than paid professionals,' simply that 'paying someone for the job doesn't inherently make them do a better job than someone else.' You want to find the people who you want doing the job and then pay them accordingly, you don't pay people because they show up.

TwistWrist

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPerfect View Post
Wow, such horrible logic from an Emissary.

As I am a firefighter/EMT I will use that as an example instead of the police or teacher one;

There are paid fire stations and their are volunteer fire stations. If your house catches on fire, you are going to want the station (though you'll likely get both) that is paid to handle the situation. But, you say, the volunteers may be better because they don't do it for the money! They do it for the love of it! Doesn't matter. If you are being paid for it you're being held to a higher standard. When payment is involved you get people who will do it consistently and correctly.

The way it is now, with a paltry sum of IP being rewarded, there is little to no downside to 50 kids from /B/ coming and punishing every single case. Will they get their 45 IP? Nope, but some people will be banned.
Quite frankly, assuming that the group that gets paid more will do a better job is idiotic. It is the same reason why people think if a product costs more, it must be the better product.

If you assume that a product costing more automatically means that the product is held to a higher standard, then I have a question for you. Are you saying that if Riot increased their tribunal IP rewards dramatically, then more people will pay attention in Tribunal and suddenly Tribunal will be full of players who make it their priority to judge every case accurately and fairly? Or would it be more likely that Tribunal will see a spike of players that try to rush through the cases for the increased rewards?

Maybe, just maybe, there isn't an automatic quality control process that magically springs up because the rewards were increased.

Can you realistically say that if your salary was doubled, then suddenly every single one of your co-workers would work twice as hard?