Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Maybe MM's goal isn't 1:1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bucky Robinson

07-06-2010

how do you view peoples' profiles? can someone please give me a hand? =/

windfaden

07-06-2010

Quote:
pedal2000:
You realize that eventually that stacks the odds impossibly against you in terms of winning streaks, which is essentially 'free losses'. Each game may have a 50/50 outcome, but I don't believe that for a moment - Everytime I've won 5+ in a row, it's always been followed by a series of games where I loose a similar amount. I think what happens is whether by luck or skill you rise up, and then you are cut down to a 50%ish win ratio - which means the system 'guarantees' you WILL lose unless you are in the top 0.1%.

You base that on your experience - here is mine and that of my premade team. We're on a gigantic winning streak since last week or so, overall my wins over losses have gone up the last week by about 18 on either of my accounts. MM for us at the moment means winning 5 games in a row, then lose at most 2 (mostly just one), then win again. That's my premade queues, but my solos look similar. Only the minor part of this games were stomps too, most of them were fairly balanced and not too easy wins.

tl; dr: If I judge MM based on my and my friend's experience, it tries to make us win atm.

ps.: I'm sure as hell not top 0,1 ELO, at most I'd consider myself as just getting out of the lower tiers of mid elo.

pps.: I think the reason for our streak is an overall pretty pronounced team elo gain (we're playing much better together) and on my solos me finding a char I'm good with.

Reppuken

07-06-2010

Quote:
pedal2000:
You realize that eventually that stacks the odds impossibly against you in terms of winning streaks, which is essentially 'free losses'. Each game may have a 50/50 outcome, but I don't believe that for a moment - Everytime I've won 5+ in a row, it's always been followed by a series of games where I loose a similar amount. I think what happens is whether by luck or skill you rise up, and then you are cut down to a 50%ish win ratio - which means the system 'guarantees' you WILL lose unless you are in the top 0.1%.

No, that's false. The system will never guarantee you will lose. No matter how many times you win, all it can do is try and balance the game as much as possible. It doesn't put you up with teammates that aren't as good as you to try and get you to lose, it puts it that way because it wants the game balanced as possible. If you are carrying a team of players significantly worse then you, it's likely the other team is in the middle somewhere. If you keep winning, it'll switch hands and you're likely to have a bad game because you're one of the lower ranked higher skilled players.

windfaden

07-06-2010

Quote:
waffle007:
how do you view peoples' profiles? can someone please give me a hand? =/

Click in your friends list at the 'search player' item (the magnifying glass at the bottom right side I think) and type in the name of the summoner's profile you want to see.

Pr0fessional

Recruiter

07-06-2010

Quote:
Phevo:
Right. So, my last game against 3 players with 800+ wins respectively is just random ?
Considering im at 150 myself ? With 1 player on our team with 500+ the rest 120-300 ?
Plox, MM is messed up and its a fact >_>

number of wins doesn't mean your elo is any higher or lower than theirs

Bucky Robinson

07-06-2010

Quote:
windfaden:
Click in your friends list at the 'search player' item (the magnifying glass at the bottom right side I think) and type in the name of the summoner's profile you want to see.

THANK YOU!!! so much!! :3
+1 this man!

windfaden

07-06-2010

Quote:
waffle007:
THANK YOU!!! so much!! :3
+1 this man!

Woman . You're welcome