Maybe MM's goal isn't 1:1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tirafen

07-06-2010

I'm level 14 right now with 48 wins and 29 losses...i know the wins/loss is close but i'm starting to get like 5 game winning streaks as I level.

Which makes me recant other post about MM's goal of 1:1. In reality and hindsight it has to be pretty random up and until 30 for elo and elo numbers. At 30 you're max level so it really is easier for system to match you up.

Slide

07-06-2010

People are stupid, that is all.

MM puts you in games where you have a 50/50 chance of winning. That is all. People dont want to admit that they hit their skill ceiling and cant get higher up the ranks and like to blame it on MM "giving them free losses".

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2010

MM does not directly try to make your win/loss a 1:1 ratio. It tries to make each individual match you play a 1:1 chance to win the game. It does not "try" to make you lose games, rather, if you have the highest Elo in the match, you will also likely have the lowest Elo in the match on your team, leading to the perception that it is "trying" to make you lose, when it is really just balancing the teams based on establishing the most fair average Elo.

Heroine

07-06-2010

MM is still trying to figure out your skill level, which may be increasing faster then MM is increasing your Elo by. You dont have that many games but youll notice more balanced games soon.

Phevo

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post

MM puts you in games where you have a 50/50 chance of winning. That is all. People dont want to admit that they hit their skill ceiling and cant get higher up the ranks and like to blame it on MM "giving them free losses".

Right. So, my last game against 3 players with 800+ wins respectively is just random ?
Considering im at 150 myself ? With 1 player on our team with 500+ the rest 120-300 ?
Plox, MM is messed up and its a fact >_>

Reppuken

07-06-2010

Wins =/= skill

macsauce

07-06-2010

Once you play 250+ games, youll notice your win RATIO to be in the 48%-52% range.

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Wins don't equal skill... You can play this game for years and still fail at it if you never bothered to learn/pay attention. The math and dedication these forums have to min/maxing is pretty amazing... or well, I'm just not as smart as them. *Looks at the arm pen versus crit damage topic*

TheTruhan

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe Knife View Post
MM does not directly try to make your win/loss a 1:1 ratio. It tries to make each individual match you play a 1:1 chance to win the game. It does not "try" to make you lose games, rather, if you have the highest Elo in the match, you will also likely have the lowest Elo in the match on your team, leading to the perception that it is "trying" to make you lose, when it is really just balancing the teams based on establishing the most fair average Elo.
Yup this is true, but then again if you got a low ELO player in your team and that person is faced against a decent ELO enemy in the laning phase, what happens? Well you get the gist...at times like this it feels like a gamble no? Of course, at times like this your team should re-organize the laning champs. So if you think about it, it's not all MM's fault it's just that sometimes we're the one who can't make it into a 50/50 chance game. Of course we don't know exactly if MM totally didn't go bonkers on us, so here are just some things to think about.

pedal2000

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post

You realize that eventually that stacks the odds impossibly against you in terms of winning streaks, which is essentially 'free losses'. Each game may have a 50/50 outcome, but I don't believe that for a moment - Everytime I've won 5+ in a row, it's always been followed by a series of games where I loose a similar amount. I think what happens is whether by luck or skill you rise up, and then you are cut down to a 50%ish win ratio - which means the system 'guarantees' you WILL lose unless you are in the top 0.1%.