Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is the Design Team doing a good job?

Yeah! The content is great, They do good work! 15 65.22%
I wish they'd pay more attention to the community when making changes. 8 34.78%
Voters 23 .

Tom Cadwell; Nice article at PC Gamer:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColeWinters

07-06-2010

Tom Cadwell and Design team;

Let me start this quick Kudos in a positive note by saying, despite all the uproars, the community really appreciates the effort and work you put in to bringing us fresh content. League of Legends is FUN, otherwise the players wouldn't be as passionate about their views on the forums. Furthermore, releasing fresh content is a key source of income for Riot games, so you guys have a heavy burden.

Though, If I could make one small criticism that I feel the community might all agree on, its that the design team should be much more active in the forums to get the feel of the communitys impression on champions and changes being made. Often [mixed in with the pile of ****] there are very good polls and threads with suggestions and issues that people have spent a lot of time writing out and formulating. Obviously, its ultimately up to you what you do with the suggestions, but I feel that some of them are well thought out and put forward in a mature and passionate way.

I personally don't always agree with some of the changes the design team sees fit to make, especially because I would rather see weak/under played characters buffed than "overpowered" characters nerfed...however, as a player It's not my place to judge them on the changes but rather just give the changes a fair shake. We all have to have faith that sooner or later through the devoted efforts of the Riot design team that the balancing process will be successful.

To wrap it up. I believe that the design team works incredibly hard, but I would hope that the spot light on fresh new content doesn't leave the current content completely in the dark. At the end of the day, you just gotta live with whatever happens.

Thanks.

NumberOneMercury

07-06-2010

Forums are useless, a few people have large celebrity followings (or "minion armies&quot that make upvotes/downvotes/polls meaningless.

ColeWinters

07-06-2010

Quote:
NumberOneMercury:
Forums are useless, a few people have large celebrity followings (or "minion armies&quot that make upvotes/downvotes/polls meaningless.

Good point I suppose. Thanks for reading my post ^.^

Gun Pierson

07-06-2010

This game needs:
- season 1 and ladderplay with visible elo
- clan/guild creation + guildchat options
- a complete workable sollution that deals with dodgers, afk'rs, leavers and griefers
- toning down OP champions as well as upgrading weak heroes
- bug fixing

When that's done, they can focus on creating new champions and what not and I'll be happy to say they do a good job.

ColeWinters

07-06-2010

Quote:
Gunarson:
This game needs:
- season 1 and ladderplay with visible elo
- clan/guild creation + guildchat options
- a complete workable sollution that deals with dodgers, afk'rs, leavers and griefers
- toning down OP champions as well as upgrading weak heroes
- bug fixing

When that's done, they can focus on creating new champions and what not and I'll be happy to say they do a good job.

So you are saying, their focus on creating new champions so often might be over-ambitious?

threelite

07-06-2010

While they do pay a LOT of attention to us (in comparison to some other game developers that won't give us the time of day), and I do believe that they do know more about balancing than most of us, sometimes I wish they'd just appease our more cosmetic pleas, such as Teen Annie, Xiao Zhin's goattee-revival, etc.

ColeWinters

07-06-2010

Quote:
imyour2p:
While they do pay a LOT of attention to us (in comparison to some other game developers that won't give us the time of day), and I do believe that they do know more about balancing than most of us, sometimes I wish they'd just appease our more cosmetic pleas, such as Teen Annie, Xiao Zhin's goattee-revival, etc.

I can see your point. You are content to leave the big stuff alone if the little things are seen too? Seems like a fair tradeoff.