[Guide] Annie, the Tibbers Tamer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mozymandias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-14-2009

How long do your games run? I've never been able to finish the tank build yet, and I thought I was running longer games at anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes each.

Could be bad on me for not getting enough kills, I guess.

Mr Tibbers

10-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozymandias View Post
How long do your games run? I've never been able to finish the tank build yet, and I thought I was running longer games at anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes each.

Could be bad on me for not getting enough kills, I guess.
Nah, it's alright. As always, that's just the optimum build. What you're shooting for in the long run. Thing is, half the time games don't run so long. On the first page there is a pic someone posted. If you notice, all that she had were 2 Rod of Ages and some boots. Normal games end hereish, or right around when you get Tear. Sometimes people are just better defensive players and the game just goes on and on. Kills help too though.

Corran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2009

I've been tryout out your "tank" annie build the last couple of days, and I have to say I like it far better than any other build I've seen or any build I've come up with. It's really effective!

Thanks for the tips!

Anniie

10-28-2009

Tanky build are just the way to go. You don't get much more out of say, medjais, than you do a rod of ages, yet the rod gives you great survivability. Your opponents will probably be surprised that they aren't hurting you as much as they're used to.

IamDuddits

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
Tanky build are just the way to go. You don't get much more out of say, medjais, than you do a rod of ages, yet the rod gives you great survivability. Your opponents will probably be surprised that they aren't hurting you as much as they're used to.
I can't tell you how much fun it is to watch 4 people take 10 secs to bring me down in a tank fight. Spell casters often get focused on, what better idea than to stack HP .

Oh and Anniie, for truly epic lulz, add in a Frozen Heart, the cooldown reduction is nice for spamming Tibbers (you'd be surprised how noticeable it is on disintegrate and incinerate as well), the extra mana has nice synergy with Archangel's mana based AP boost and the 110 armor has nice synergy with the HP from RoA. 3.5k HP and 66% damage reduction is just great .

Anniie

10-28-2009

Frozen heart is cool, but since it doesn't give any health, I'm kinda reluctant to consider it. I'd almost always rather have a banshees veil, but maybe against the right team it can shine. By the way, we're getting into serious gold territory with the frozen heart, rods, and archangels.

Frugqles

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
1. Q
2. W
3. Q
4. W
5. Q
6. R
7. Q
8. W
9. W
10. Q
11. R
12. W
13. E
14. E
15. E
16. R
17. E
18. E
How do you get your golem buff at level 6 then... and how do you get your level 1 stun first cast?

W - spam in base til you are one spell away from energized.
Q - last hit creeps
Q -
W
E
R - go use your ulti on golem, get golem buff, you win. Spam spells, never run out of mana.

Frugqles

10-28-2009

My item build is as follows...

1) Maki Pendant. - Turned into Chalice ASAP! If I'm winning the mana fight I raid for 850 gold to return to base to pickup....
2) boots. - turn into Mercury treads.
3) Mejai's Soul stealer - A good player playing Annie on a decent team should have VERY little problem growing this rapidly. +140 AP at level 12-13 is rediculous.
4) Rod of Ages
5) Rylai's
6) It usually doesn't matter at this point.

You are extremely good at taking on multiple champions with this build. Chalice + Golem buff = unlimited mana. You have a ton of AP and HEALTH. The slow will net you kills you shouldn't have gotten, as well as help you escape fights you should I died in.

Don't forget... microing Tibbers is invaluable. Sending Tibbers after a fleeing enemy, only you nuke the charging opponent and turn Tibs around is a serious mind ****. And it gets you a kill along with +10 ap.

Mr Tibbers

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRoller View Post
How do you get your golem buff at level 6 then... and how do you get your level 1 stun first cast?

W - spam in base til you are one spell away from energized.
Q - last hit creeps
Q -
W
E
R - go use your ulti on golem, get golem buff, you win. Spam spells, never run out of mana.
Really depends on your gameplay, I suppose. I really don't run premades. This guide, as such, doesn't really focus on premade play. You can't count on having a smart lane mate who'll help you use that stun to your advantage. Also, I can kill Golem fine early on. Never had a problem with it. Probably because of my survivability items?

IamDuddits

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
Frozen heart is cool, but since it doesn't give any health, I'm kinda reluctant to consider it. I'd almost always rather have a banshees veil, but maybe against the right team it can shine. By the way, we're getting into serious gold territory with the frozen heart, rods, and archangels.
No kidding. The items I run with are:

RoA
Boots of Swiftness (I'll take mobility over +33 AP any day as Annie)
RoA
Archangel's Staff
Rylai's
Frozen Heart

Health is good but I think you underestimate the 25% to cooldowns, 25% Attack Speed reduction, and +110 Armor (which more than doubles your armor).

Like I said, which Frozen Heart you are reducing the enemies attacks by about 66% before applying Armor Pen. and not including Molten Shield which would probably give you armor and HP comparable to most tanks in the game. It really depends on who I am playing vs though. If I'm getting wrecked by Mages I'd probably grab a Banshee instead.

The purpose of this build is to give her survivability without making her completely useless as a damage dealer, and Frozen Heart + Golem Runes gives you max cooldown without wasting rune spots, or you could probably use runes spots and not be reliant on the golem for max cooldown.