Katarina, Garen versus Poppy, Pantheon (and some more)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Japato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Let's give Poppy a 4 second cooldown 900 damage attack that's mana free! So long as no one besides me and five other people continue to play her, I have no beef with that!

In all seriousness, though, Poppy's restriction is around her mana. It's her Achilles heel, just like every other champion has. I've never felt that it's unfair Poppy has a mana restriction. I kinda wish her mana pool was a little larger, but hey, whatever! I'd rather complain about the truly broken stuff with her, like stunning yourself with heroic charge.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hedgepig

07-06-2010

Mana is a tradeoff. It lets you do more than a CD bound champ in a short period of time. It lets you adjust how often you can use your abilities and for how long. A CD bound champ cant adjust these things. If Poppy didnt have mana, they'd have to up the CD on her hammer. With mana, you can choose to use hammer on every CD if you want (ie, when chasing/team fighting), knowing that you cant keep it up forever. It gives you choices.

If you want to spam abilities, get some mana or regen items. I start with a meik and build catalysti when dual laning Panth, because spear spam is better than 10 damage on those spears.

Besides, Sheen is great on Poppy, and comes with mana. Buy the crystal first if you want.