Katarina, Garen versus Poppy, Pantheon (and some more)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dungheap

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck King View Post
Maybe if you're spamming all of those at level 3~.
That's the problem. Both Garen and Kat spam their shunpos, decisive strikes and bouncing blades whenever they're off cooldown, don't they.

Megawacko

07-06-2010

Of course Olaf has to use mana! Can you imagine how ridiculous he would be with free low cooldown axes in the lane?

Brazzers eQua

07-06-2010

hah i made a thread like this... there is no logic in mana and no mana champs i think the only reason is to probably balance the game... but the fact that champs lke garen kat and ninjas can lane non stop when all other melee have to save up their mana is stupid i think.

Letkhar

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawacko View Post
Of course Olaf has to use mana! Can you imagine how ridiculous he would be with free low cooldown axes in the lane?
About as ridiculous as free shunpos.

Salacavalini

07-06-2010

People were juggling the idea of having Olaf cast from health, not for free. Would've synergized with his passive, too.

HotSoggyNoodles

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
About as ridiculous as free shunpos.
I lol'd

Letkhar

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined Fall View Post
I lol'd
Yeah, I meant bouncing blade.

Either way, Katarina's a better laner than Olaf. Some champions are better at certain things than others.

Timechild

07-06-2010

Katarina and Garen using free abilities is what makes them unique. Stop trying to turn them into something generic.Garen using health is Tryndamere. Katarina with mana turns into Shako. Also complaining about their harassment is not something very smart. Remember Mundo with his infinite cleaver. See Kog'maw spamming his ult. Try not being harassed by Heimer.

Fennec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2010

cause mana makes heroes soo much hard like Ashe or Panth...

Really "They NEED mana cuz every one else has it!!!1!" is not a decent argument in the very least. Both Kat and Garen are balanced around the fact they have no mana. Everything from Item scaling to their passives are designed with this in mind. If you have a issue with the heroes bring up a way to change them that isn't destroying the heroes. Really removing a heroes resource system is a much bigger change then the TF remake and that was a big change for the hero.

Mr Scorpio

07-06-2010

Quote:
... I don't even.
You don't even what, you r-tard.

Quote:
If you're going OOM as Poppy often you're doing something hilariously wrong. Let me guess. You use Q for all of your last hits?
If you have a desire to play Poppy aggressively in the lane phase, you have to spend ridiculous amounts of mana to get any results. W -> E -> Q with each opportunity. Poppy's passive allows for a good sidelane harassment game with a partner who can take advantage of your charges, so it's only natural to be active on Poppy, which means spending mana. Of course, unless you are a pansy.