Is malz really that bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Scorpio

07-06-2010

Mal is a very fun champion with tremendous single target damage. He's not useless in team battles either, he just requires some team initiation/distraction when it comes to using his ult. It's very easy to stay out of the swarm and cast Visions + Zone + Call. When I play him, I'll typically ramp up my damage from a safe distance, then choose the best target for my ult pending how the fight progresses.

You have to take care of this champion though. During the lane phase you have to be aware of MIA's, and it's also important to account for who has cleanse and which champions will make quick work of you.

I too build him with Scepter + sorc boots to start off, and then build for a Zhonya's Ring for the AP AND Protection.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Riot is adding a "Suppress" debuff to Malzahar's (and possibly Warwick's) ult. This will effectively silence any summoner spells for the duration of the ult in addition to the stun effect. Once they implement this, I think Malz will be back to a reasonable level.

As of right now, he needs to farm a lot to get effective, but his weak early game makes that difficult.