How do I counter teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amatzikahni

02-08-2013

I've wrecked a Teemo as Garen before, but I prefer Galio against him. As said, he heals from Teemo's poison if you level W, and if you level W first (which I've done a few times), you can stand in his minion line and whack him once to heal back to full health from minion fire.

Oddible

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightin chicken View Post
I disagree with you, Jax is an excellent counter to Teemo. You can do amazing burst damage with Jax's leap (q) and w. After you leap on Teemo you can hit e to negate any AA damage. You can use this time to run away from Teemo or just wait for the stun if Teemo decides to stay and fight. You will most likely be blinded while waiting for the stun, but at least you can avoid most of the damage.
If Teemo goes AD, Jax can shred him. If Teemo goes AP, Jax has nothing, shield is worthless, better stack MR, you're not a counter to AP Teemo.

Tim Allen Talon

02-09-2013

Teemo is great vrs anyone who relies on auto attacks and doesn't have sustain

that being said

someone like vlad and yorick who sustain will wreck teemo

Llamalord101

02-09-2013

Teemo is a champion who heavily relies on maneuverability and a fast damage output. Thus he becomes extremely squishy. I myself am a Teemo player and he will generally solo mid or top. The best way to counter him mid is to play a burst caster with a stun like Annie or Anivia.

The best way to counter him top is to play a high AD champion who can quickly get into his face and murder him. A champion like Xin Zhao, Lee sin or even Darius can completely obliterate him in lane, especially early game. However, be careful if you are playing as a champion who relies on auto attacks as he can use his blind to render them useless.

Another great way to prevent him from being useful is to put enough pressure on him to stop him putting his mushrooms down.

The final (and probably most important) thing to note is to TAKE MAGIC RESISTANCE. Especially the Maw of Malmortius as and AD champion.

I'm sorry this was such a long reply but I hope it was useful.
Good luck slaughtering Teemo!

Llamalord101

02-09-2013

Another thing to not that the Oracles Elixir is a waste of time and money as half of his mushrooms will be in the brush or in a position that they are hard to avoid. The 400g is then wasted and the time you spent finding destroying as many of his mushrooms as you can find, he has already put double that amount down.

fightin chicken

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddible View Post
If Teemo goes AD, Jax can shred him. If Teemo goes AP, Jax has nothing, shield is worthless, better stack MR, you're not a counter to AP Teemo.
Doesn't AP Teemo still rely on the on-hit effect of his E? Jax is dodging all auto attacks with his own E so the hits aren't connecting. If AAs are not connecting then the AP poison is never applied, right? I'm pretty sure that's how it works.. If Teemo runs, only chase if you know you are safe from his mushrooms. You should have knocked at least half his health down with Q (ulti proc if you are at level 6) and W.. If he comes back without full health you can try to go for the kill, or wait for your E to come off cooldown and then go for the kill. I know there are really good Teemo players out there, and I am not saying this is an end-all strategy against Teemo, but it has been effective in my (limited) experience.