Udyr Jungle discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smokesx

02-09-2013

I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere on how to build him/how to max him these days. Is it still better to go phoenix Udyr over tiger? Is it an issue of one> the other or personal preference?

ChiefClive

02-09-2013

This is what I always do and it works pretty well.

Runes:
Marks - 9x AS
Seals - 9x Armor
Glyphs - 9x AS
Quints - 3x MS

Masteries:
any... you can't go wrong tbh. I've run 9/21/0, 0/21/9, and 0/9/21 and all of them are viable.

Starting Items:
Machete + 5 pots

Skill Order:
Level 1 - Phoenix Stance
Level 2 - Tiger Stance

Jungle Path:
Wolves -> smiteless blue -> run to enemy jungler's red and take it

Chances are the enemy jungler will be butthurt that you took his red and might go for yours, so hurry to your red and pull it to the bush. If you see the enemy jungler and he engages on you, you should get an easy first blood from the combined DoTs of Tiger, Phoenix, and red buff.

My item build is usually Spirit Stone -> Ninja Tabi -> Spirit of the Ancient Golem. Then from there I just stack HP items.

ETA: Get your MR from Wit's End and Runic Bulwark.

UnhappyBananas

02-09-2013

I have the same problem , I don't play him anymore because theirs always somebody saying I shoulda went A not R or vis versa

SeCKS Egai

02-10-2013

Phoenix is faster, and while Udyr's the fastest jungler I have (not to mention one of the safest) he doesn't bring a lot to most team comps so he's someone I rarely ever use these days.