How do I counter teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Train Wrecks2

12-04-2011

I need some serious help with countering this champ as i always go negative when i lane against him.

so what do when i face him, or counter in draft?

Gato Muerto

12-04-2011

You haven't said what you play.
AP, AD, Ranged, Melee, Carry.

Teemo thrives on his blind and poison to discourage counter-harass, while using his mobility to get out of danger. His weaknesses is that he requires his mobility, he is a short-burst DPS (relying upon that blind to protect himself), and his range is relatively short.

Defensive items allow you to survive the harassment. Stuns and abilities can hit Teemo even when he blinds you (yes, even Udyr's stun, which really doesn't make much sense to me). Outwaiting the blind and then hitting him back is pretty much key. Don't attack back immediately after getting blinded, otherwise he'll just let you draw minion aggro and then will kite you through his defensive line. Don't let him take up position in the bushes (without having a method to see in the bush aside from face-checking).

Gato Muerto

12-04-2011

Suggestions for opposing Teemo:
Anyone w/ a stun/snare. Possibly slow, but that isn't quite as reliable. Ability-dependent champs (such as Yorick) would also do well. Skillshots are not as good (due to his range and mobility), instant-cast and direct targets are better. AP Sion should be able to keep Teemo under control (if played correctly) until later levels.

Train Wrecks2

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
You haven't said what you play.
AP, AD, Ranged, Melee, Carry.

Teemo thrives on his blind and poison to discourage counter-harass, while using his mobility to get out of danger. His weaknesses is that he requires his mobility, he is a short-burst DPS (relying upon that blind to protect himself), and his range is relatively short.

Defensive items allow you to survive the harassment. Stuns and abilities can hit Teemo even when he blinds you (yes, even Udyr's stun, which really doesn't make much sense to me). Outwaiting the blind and then hitting him back is pretty much key. Don't attack back immediately after getting blinded, otherwise he'll just let you draw minion aggro and then will kite you through his defensive line. Don't let him take up position in the bushes (without having a method to see in the bush aside from face-checking).

Thanks for the tips. I usually play as a tank or mage (xerath and cho'gath mostly), but when the other person in my lane quits i usually get probed hardcore.

SnowTiger

12-04-2011

Akali, Lee Sin, Talon will destory him

ninjamast3r

12-04-2011

Introduce teemo to a burst mage and its all over. Anivia and Brand will ruin his day. Kennen can screw him over pretty well too.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Get anyone who does not depend on autoattack to do damage.

Or someone with the ability to prevent Teemo's blind(Q), such as Sivir, GP, Nocturne...etc.
Sivir is preferred because teemo shoom = free mana.

DatRustyTrombone

01-02-2013

I have an easy time countering with Lux, using stun, then singularity and then finishing him off with the laser.

kxnz

01-02-2013

I play a lot of teemo and I have the toughest time against a good ahri, kassadin, malzahar off the top of my head.

Kass can silence silence slow and get away. Malz has a good poison and ahri has good range and slow/taunt. Like earlier poster said a good brand or anivia can beat teemo pretty easily.

Directw

01-02-2013

It seems to me every time I play teemo, I always have hard time. Not to mention most ap mid can out burst me.

Even when I play bot, I either grab by blitz, snare by Leona, snare by mao. Sometimes even other adc can use their long range skill shot to harass me to death, like cait's Piltover, Ash's volley shot, corki's ult.

Everyone said teemo suit best on top. I really question this statement. Whenever I go top, I find panth who can jump on me, sion who can stun me, Jayce with his ridiculous switching between range and melee attack, Jax who can out burst and stun me, garen just spin me to death. If I got lucky, I got bad Darius who I might have chance to beat him if I play very very very carefully.

Those are just a very few examples I can think of. You are asking how to counter teemo?? I only want to konw how to counter them as teemo T_T

Teemo belongs Top? Wrong!!!
Teemo belongs Mid? Wrong!!!
Teemo belongs Bot? Wrong!!!
Teemo should just stay home crying everyone one on the battlefield can out play him? absolutely YES