How to counter Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twigg

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegood View Post
Really, chain vest is a great investment in today's DPS heavy metagame. Mid game it gives you more effective hp than a giants belt for less cost.

There really needs to be more nukers, but I rarely see more than 1-2 a game and I'm usually playing one.
Too bad most nukers are useless or somewhere there (veigar, evelynn etc etc) and most AP builds rendered sub-par as compared to the AD builds (Ezreal, Katarina, Corki etc etc).

Hint hint Riot

Zohariel

07-06-2010

This thread is new and exciting.

Ragefest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

Buff nukers and then you have another problem in and of itself.

Resists(armor, magic) are so underrated by non tank champs. Learn the game people...

Exothermic Kiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2010

then pantheon goes AP on your ass.

stfu about armor pleeeeeease

Jackswiftz

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
NO U. More people need to play alistar again. lol
I was playing alistar three weeks ago and i seriously got queue dodged because i didn't pick Shen or nasus.

Almost got Eve like rage because i wasn't shen. I enjoy shen, but he's going to be banned every ranked game so you need to pick up other tanks.

Chain mail is good, last game against a fed panth i upgraded it to thornmail and harassed the **** out of panth (while i was on shen). Armor does shut him down nicely.

Mella Kara

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
called switch lanes to the one panth is in. Im sorry if that is a hard concept for a ******, but switching lanes needs to be done sometimes to ensure a good game.
Because Pantheon totally doesn't have the capability to switch to a squishier lane with his ult.

Master Madred

07-06-2010

Pantheon is not OP because he is uncounterable; Pantheon is OP because you have to gimp yourself against his teammates to counter him.

Slide

07-06-2010

Been doing this myself ever since he was bugged. Its really not that hard a concept. He does physical damage with HSS and Spear. If you buy armor, panth cant burst you dead unless you were at a health level where MOST champs could burst you dead.

I dont have panth unlocked on my main but I have him on a smurf. Best counter to panth: Cloth armor and 5 health pots. I couldnt get a **** kill off that for the life of me.

Moral of the story: if your playing a squishy champ, realise that panths job is to shut down your early game and feed off of you. If you build to counter that, panth becomes rather sub par all game.

People need to L2P

EDIT: Above poster outlined the exact problem. People are too focused on building their leet damage build to realize that the champions you face change what you need. Would you buy MR against an all physical damage team? NO, you wouldnt. Likewise, you dont buy all DPS items early against a champ who is ment to kill you early game.

Ive got news for you, buying a defensive item does not gimp you VS the rest of his team. Were not talking 4k of gold or anything. Its less then 1k and youve effectively taken out one of their champs. If you cant see how spending that little gold to gimp 1/5th of the enemy team puts you in a better position to win the game, then I say enjoy your losses. Those that dont adapt die.

IVIadHatter

07-06-2010

Except with runes and masteries he can start with 35 ArPen then get a brutalizer for a good 50 ArPen.

Whiteseal

07-06-2010

How to counter pantheon:

Run into lane
wait 2 minutes
get FBed, QQ
let your pantheon take over the lane
?????
profit!