Blue vs Purple issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fred321

12-04-2011

Has Riot ever tried inverting half map? I mean, inverting the purple area to make so the blue would be top and red bot.

It doesn't look like the problem is with camera angles, as the problem occurs throughout all ELO ratings and as was implied where I first read about this issue, it doesn't occur on TT. I really believe the solution resides in changing the jungle so both teams have the very same opportunities.

As it is now (and specially as it was before the red buff nerf), once the jungler aquires red buff, he really wants to gank. As bot is usually the best lane to gank, by having frail champions compared to top, blue team has a good advantage at early ganks, wich usually reflect in more victories for this team.

My suggestion to this is to flip the blue or purple side, then changing the jungle "a little" to get baron back to top. To make it even more symmetric, making two hollow areas in front of dragon and baron would make the map perfectly symmetric.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Camera angles is actually a non-trivial issue when you're talking about long ranged skillshots and then from behind tower ganks. It's a quantifiable vision disadvantage for team purple and solomid lane, and vision and positioning are basically synonymous concepts.

And yeah, reworking the jungle on summoner's rift makes complete sense. Blue also gets to ward dragon more safely as well.